INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Image File has entry but no image shown  (Read 1038 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
BUG: Image File has entry but no image shown
« on: November 14, 2014, 07:39:19 am »

Not sure how a file would get in this state, maybe it was pointing to a file vs. being tagged and image was deleted or files moved location?

Thus, these files (many more) won't show up with a filter on to Find Image File = none

Arindelle

Re: BUG: Image File has entry but no image shown
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:01:21 am »

don't know your configuration for your album art, but the fact that the file exists doesn't mean its embedded. Try selecting all the files for the same album with or without images and right click =>Cover Art=>Quick Find in File/Cover Art directory. Rebuilding the thumbnails also could help afterwards. That should sort it out.

As there is only one image associated per album, and I see you are not using the folder.jpg config option. do you have a folder set-up like Beatles/Beatles for Sale/"imagename".jpg  or have you just set in options using an image file "dump" directory?

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:33:35 pm »

I've had a similar problem with random albums very recently. MC can't seem to find the cover art, even when it reports that it is in my library. I select it (from the lib) and nothing happens. I had to go out to the internet to grab an image and then it magically worked.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »

This is all a little vague for me to be of any help. These types of issues happen occasionally, but usually they are because one of the songs doesn't have the art embedded - easy fix through the cover art tools. Or the thumbnails should be rebuilt (maybe).

In my personal experience, so you can take it with a grain of salt, is that if people set up their library simply but consistently to have ALBUMARTIST/ALBUM/ then tracks and the folder.jpg (or maybe cover.jpg) see options for "Cover Art - Audio Mode" and not keeping their images in a roaming folder all together, there is much less chance that links between image and art would break.

Even if people have not done this, it can be structured quite quickly provided that the cover art is embedded in the file via the cover art tools.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 03:15:06 am »

I'm not sure why MC can't report there is no actual cover art as that is the true state.

These files were pointing to some file other than folder.jpg and obviously the art is not embedded in tags.

Can the MC filter be set to double-check the file for embedded art?

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 04:25:59 am »

I'm not sure why MC can't report there is no actual cover art as that is the true state.

These files were pointing to some file other than folder.jpg and obviously the art is not embedded in tags.

Can the MC filter be set to double-check the file for embedded art?

yes . There is a difference though between not being associated with a file at all, and not being embedded, both should be corrected

the first expression will check for missing artwork (not associated, not in the file folder)

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Image File]=[] ~sort=[Album Artist],[Album]

The following is better because it will check to see if its embedded and missing. If you set one of the columns to show a little thumbnail, the ones with "associated" art will show up (if you have the field [Image File] to show up in your tag window it will show folder.jpg or whatever you have named the file.

(you can import this to a smartlist using the import/export button if you want)

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] ~sort=[Album Artist],[Album]

If the file exists, but isn't "embedded", you can use the library tool Cover art=>Quick find in file folder/Cover art directory

If the file doesn't exist, but is embedded, you can use the library tool Cover art=> Save Cover art ....

If you have lots of these, its a good idea, imo, to rebuild your thumbnails afterwards
Pages: [1]   Go Up