INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo & Theater View in the tree  (Read 1638 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo & Theater View in the tree
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:39 am »

It would simplify things if Theater View and Gizmo views could be configured via the tree the same as every other view in Standard View.

I'd suggest listing them under the "Services & Plug-ins" section, with their own sub-categories.

For example:
Services & Plug-ins\Gizmo\Music\Albums\
Services & Plug-ins\Theater View\Movies\

That way you could get a preview of what you're doing without having to restart the program or go in/out of Theater View.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Gizmo & Theater View in the tree
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:54:22 pm »

That would be nice.  I 'TRY' to have standard library view version of my important TV/Gizmo views but they inevitably get out of sync.

Castius

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »

i'd prefer they just use the standard views.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:38:19 pm »

It would simplify things if Theater View and Gizmo views could be configured via the tree the same as every other view in Standard View.

Like it used to be.  ;)

Jim listed some improvement in this area as one of the goals for MC20.  I've definitely come around to the idea that Theater Views should be different from, and configured separately from, the Standard Views.  But the way we have to do it now is clunky.  I've long agreed that it would be better to do this stuff under Services & Plugins or some other "hidden-ish" area of the Tree.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:13 am »

I've definitely come around to the idea that Theater Views should be different from, and configured separately from, the Standard Views.
I can see why some people would want them to be the same, but navigation in Standard View with a mouse is totally different from Theater View with a controller, and Gizmo with a touchscreen, so I use different views for all three.

Since Theater View/Gizmo behave differently from Standard View, that also affects the views that I use. (Standard Views are crippled with a number of levels removed to improve navigation)

Gizmo/Theater View views are often very similar though, so I'd like the ability to copy views between them and then make slight modifications.

But the way we have to do it now is clunky.  I've long agreed that it would be better to do this stuff under Services & Plugins or some other "hidden-ish" area of the Tree.
Yes, I know it's not a new idea, it's just that I got around to making some changes to how things were presented and every time I do, it reminds me how awful the current setup is, since you're making "blind" changes, and have to restart MC every time before you can see how the view operates.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:50:04 am »

Yep, and yep.

Every time I have to go in and do substantial work, I get annoyed.  Sometimes I then remember to come here and complain.  Maybe we'll keep bumping this thread for the future.  ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Castius

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 02:53:54 pm »

I would rather setup my view in one place. And control what view shows them.
So move all view editing to one place and just have standard/theater/gizmo show what you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up