INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Library View  (Read 844 times)

alice

• Recent member
Media Library View
« on: November 18, 2014, 04:55:24 pm »

I'am not happy with the tag retrieval and cataloging of the JRiver 20.
I should say I'm new on trial version .

All I have done is added the network path to my NAS in the JRiver library.
On the NAS I have organized the music based on genre.

Issues:

1. eg- I have a few albums by armin van buuren and if I go to albums there will be multiple times Armin will be listed
2. In genre almost everything is listed under  -  uncatogorized, I listen to lot of jazz and only one album is listed there ??
3. The only way I can get it to be fine is going through the folder browser.
4. I could almost be ok with the folder browser but the android app does not even have that option.

Could someone assist me if I need to tweak the setup to have the cataloging more accurate.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Library View
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »

JRiver uses the 'tags' stored in the files to group and filter your files. When you first import your files, if the tags are not accurate you need to spend a little time getting them entered accurately.  You need to accurately set the 'Genre' tag in the library for all of your files.  If JRiver shows them as 'uncategorized' then that is what they are actually tagged as in the files themselves.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Library View
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

Hi Alice, you're new, so don't let this phase you. BartMan's advice is spot on, but what he doesn't mention is how simple MC makes this task for you, especially as you have them already neatly organised in folders.

The tool you are looking for is called "Fill properties from filename". You find that by selecting a file, or files, then right click, Library Tools, Fill properties from filename.

It's pretty self explanatory, but to offer a really simplistic example, pick a file...

Say the path was X:\Music\Genre\Artist\Album\Track # - Name.mp3

You could try the 'Automatic' option, notice the interpretation is shown on the right... and if that's not cutting it for you, fill your templates using the path and/or filename fields below...

In 'Path', you would enter: [Genre]\[]\[]
and on the right, you should see that MC will update the "Genre" tag for the selected file, and if the 'Filename' field is left unselected, this would be the only change applied when you commit the change.

Try it on a single file or two untill you are comfortable with the tool, then experience the wholesale joy of the tool by listing all files, selecting them all, and applying the fill properties tool across the lot in one go.

The only requirement is that all the selected files fit the template you are asking MC to use to fill the properties from, otherwise you could get some unwanted results.

If you need any further help, just ask.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up