INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to use Popcorn Hour A-110 media player to push files to receiver  (Read 1307 times)

PaulW

I have tried everything to get MC 20 to play FLAC files gaplessly via DLNA to my Pioneer VSX-823 receiver without any luck. MC 20 recognizes the media player and the receiver can pull files from the A-110 to the receiver without any other problems. I'm wondering if the gapless thing is a network issue and would like experts' opinions on whether the following approach would work and, if so, how to implement it.

I figured that I would remove the receiver from MC 20's configuration, connect the media player to my receiver with analog, optical or digital coax cables and then use MC 20 simply to initiate playback from the media player. I would assume that I need to configure the media player as a renderer instead of server, but can't figure out how to do this.

Does this approach make any sense or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks!

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to use Popcorn Hour A-110 media player to push files to receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »

I assume you've read the wiki topic on DLNA.

Sometimes a device will work in one direction, but not the other.  It might be able to play from a server, but it might not work for playback to it from another device.

If it is a DLNA Renderer, it will show up in the list right under Playing Now and you can drag a track from your MC library to it.  It sometimes takes a few minutes before a device will show up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up