INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pops and Clicks with the latest version 20.0.37 of Media Center  (Read 1107 times)

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
Pops and Clicks with the latest version 20.0.37 of Media Center
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:10 am »

Since updating to this latest version I am getting a lot of "Pops" and Clicks" during playback that I have never experienced with any previous version of Media Center. My setup is exactly the same:

JRiver set to SPDIF Wasapi -> Optical out-> Optical in to Bifrost Uber DAC -> RCA cables to Valhalla 2.

None of my settings have change in Media Center, everything is exactly as it always was so I am at a loss why all-of-a-sudden I am getting these "pops and clicks" during playback. Like I said this has never occurred before with any previous version of Media Center and none of my settings have changed in Media Center.

I did do some research on DAC setups etc., but none of that applies to me. My DAC is not USB, I have tried different Optical cables, I have changed buffering, tried all of the troubleshooting methods I could find in the forums here so I am at a loss. This has only occurred with this latest release and nothing in my settings or hardware setup has changed.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

P.S. Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, so I will post it in another thread as well. Feel free to delete the thread if it is in the wrong place.

Thank you and any and all suggestions are most welcomed, I really want to solve this issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pops and Clicks with the latest version 20.0.37 of Media Center
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:04:44 am »

There are two different WASAPI's.  Try toggling the WASAPI option for "Event Style".

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:38:14 am »

Thank you for the reply. I do not see an option for event style, just SPDIF WASAPI unless you are referring to the option under device settings that says "Disable Event Style (Required by older Hardware)". Currently I do not have that checked. I never did have it checked, my PC is pretty powerful but who knows it may work if I enable it if that is the setting you are referring to. However like I was saying, all of my settings are exactly the same, as they have always been and this problem never occurred until I updated to this latest version.

But as far as an option under Device Settings for WASAPI, I do not see an option for event style or none event style unless it is like I mentioned above  under device settings that says "Disable Event Style (Required by older Hardware)" check box (which is currently not checked.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

I do not see an option for event style, just SPDIF WASAPI unless you are referring to the option under device settings that says "Disable Event Style (Required by older Hardware)".
That's it.  Try it both ways.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »

Thank you my friend. I listened today for about 2 hours (before changing any settings) and all-of-a-sudden there was no more popping or clicks. I dunno what happened. Maybe that listening session I had with the pops and clicks was just a freak thing or there was some kind of interference that is no longer there. Everything seems fine now. Thank you so very much for your advice and taking the time to answer my question. If it happens again in the future, I will try your suggestion.

Thank you very much again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up