INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo problem  (Read 1396 times)

Curley

• Recent member
Gizmo problem
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:28:54 pm »

Every time i put the access key into the field on my android phone and press GO - it keeps looking and looking for the server and will not contect. I have gone through all the tutorials and I am missing some key step or?

Please note that I am not a computer or software expert, just a basic user, but I can not figure this one out. All I want to do is use download music from my JRiver (on my laptop) onto my phone and use the music then on Gizmo to play through my bluetooth speaker outside in my garage.

I am not even looking to control the media center, just use the Gizmo app to play music elsewhere, and only the files that I have selected to be on it.

Also, Gizmo will not let me out of that access key screen, no way to get into the program unitl this step is resolved.  :o - Curley
- Curley

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »

Do you have an Internet connection when you try?  It's required.

Curley

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:34 pm »

Ok, thank you. As I said I am not very up on computer issues. I needed to turn on the WiFi connection on my phone becuase it was only going through the ATT network, even though I thought that was internet as well?? no matter . It is working now. However, I am confused how I will be able to use Gizmo if I am away from the house, and do not have a web connection. I was hoing to just download songs onto it and use it like a player with bluetooth while in my car car etc. - is this an option that I simply don't understnd how to accomplish. Any further help would be appreciated. - Curley
- Curley

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:49 pm »

In Gizmo's settings, you can specify how much space to give to a "cache".  Gizmo will use this space to download songs while you're on your wireless network, then play them when you're off line.

See the Network Access topic on our wiki for information on how to get access from outside your LAN.

Curley

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:12:28 am »

:D Excellent. Both of you folks have been so helpful. Appreciate you taking the time to help out a novice. - Curley
- Curley

Curley

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:16:09 am »

:o sorry, I see that it was just one person that was helping me out. I did not see the same photo as yestyerday and thought it was another member. I think it was a sawhorse ? Anyway, thanks again.
- Curley
Pages: [1]   Go Up