INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording from Client set up problem  (Read 1211 times)

rjtt64

• Recent member
TV Recording from Client set up problem
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »

Hello

I have a library server with 2 tv cards and a client. The TV recording path is on a seperate server on the network. When I record from the library server, it saves to the network, I can view the tv all is good. However when I do the same on the client,where I can watch tv just fine, then it shows its recording  but it doesnt save to the network. When I go into TV options I have set the tv recording locaiton to the same location on the server. Is there anything Im missing on how to configure this?

Thanks in advance

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Recording from Client set up problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 02:59:04 pm »

I am not sure I understand your problem.  Just to be clear, clients do not record TV programs.  If you schedule MC to record a TV program on a client, recording actually happens on the server.  If your client can access a TV tuner device directly, it can use the tuner to watch TV live, but not to record.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rjtt64

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 03:29:54 pm »

Hi
Thanks for the reply, sorry I wasnt clear
I have a library server with tv cards
I have a client where I watch tv which has no tv cards

If I use theatre view on the library server to record TV, then it works
If I use the client to record TV, then whilst you get the red button on the guide, the server doesnt record the tv

Ive only just set this up, so am sure Im  missing something, wondered if you had any ideas

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:14 pm »

I have not seen a problem like this on my computers.  Make sure your server is set to allow clients to update it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:11:30 pm »

Maybe its not tagging correctly as a TV show. If you record a Movie it may be tagged as a movie and not be seen under "TV Shows".
I like to open MC in Standard View with Video>Files open and a (sort by) column for "Date Imported". I use that column to see what has been added, if it was tagged correctly, and where it is located.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »

This was something that I ran into a long time ago, but was fixed...what version are you running?  It was fixed sometime in the v19 life cycle...I could be wrong on the details, but it was similar to this.

rjtt64

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 01:40:04 am »

Thanks all for your replies

I followed the advice , btw Im running version 20.0.27, tried to sync from the client to the server, it complained, said it needed authentication on, which I put on, then it worked

thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up