INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garbled Audio on live TV  (Read 1455 times)

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
Garbled Audio on live TV
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:32:29 pm »

Everything was working fine until I left for a week.   My son called and said live TV sounded like alien language.

I came back and turned it on - and sure enough - it sounded like alien language - garbled - low in frequency - unintelligible.

I am using a Hauppauge tuner card - and an Exasound DAC.  It has previously worked well.  I dont know if this was a result of an update or not - as my son may have rebooted and JRiver auto updated.

The strange thing is - the recordings made off of the tuner card are fine.  Even a recording of a garbled live show sounds fine.  And music and all else are fine.

Any ideas where I should look next?  The DAC tells me everything is fine - it is receiving a proper signal.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Garbled Audio on live TV
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:35:17 pm »

Yes I have had the same issue. I changed from using driver audio engine back to hemi bitstreaming and the problem goes away. I'mthink its something to do with videoclock?

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »

DHF,

does hitting pause for a couple of seconds and then start playing again solve the problem??? i have had to do that a few times, don't know why but it usually works.

the other very possible issue is the new WDM process.  it has created problems for a lot of users (me included who disabled it but with every update it takes over my audio processes again). for instance for me, even though i check "don't install" WDM somehow becomes the default audio device in Windows and then within JRiver points to some default audio device that i don't know what it is and i get no sound until i undo everything.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »

It isn't WDM.  The problem has existed for a couple of months and we haven't been able to find the cause.  We will get it eventually.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »

the only thing i did was to solve was to use bit streaming. all ok now.

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »

I found a way to get it to stop being garbled - perhaps my experience can help point JRiver to a solution.

On my PC, this works (or doesnt work) consistently.   I have an NVIDIA graphics card.  If I use the NVIDIA control panel (after right clicking on an empty screen) to set screen resolution, regardless of what resolution it is, the audio is garbled.

However, if I use set screen resolution in Windows - audio is fine.  Go figure - beyond my abilities to comprehend why.  ? Just thought I would share.
Pages: [1]   Go Up