INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Sync Issue  (Read 2150 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Handheld Sync Issue
« on: January 20, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

Hi all,

Since probably last summer, maybe last spring, I've had trouble with MC (most recent build, always--currently 20.0.57) seemingly not "seeing" some tracks I sync to actual folders on my desktop PC's hard drive (not to an actual Android device, in other words--I know about and have experienced many problems with this myself).  It wasn't too bothersome early on, since it would only be 10-20 tracks that I would have to keep resyncing to the folders I sync to, but now, after deleting everything in the folders and starting fresh (to add DSP effects to the tracks), I have 796 files in the queue every time I try to sync, and all 796 are already in the folder I use; and nothing has changed with those tracks--no tag changes, nothing.  I thought initially maybe the issue was that the folder I sync to was a local Google Drive folder and thus it's own syncing to the cloud was causing some issue when I would recheck sync in MC, but this problem is happening with another Handheld I have setup that syncs only to a desktop folder in Windows (i.e., no cloud connection with it).  I've searched the forums many times, and I can't find anyone who seems to have this problem, except when syncing directly to a real device, i.e., an Android phone.  But again, these are syncs to folders on Windows 7 machine's hdd! I"ve tried shutting down MC and then rechecking the sync, I've rebooted, and nothing seems to work.   

If it's relevant, the workflow looks like this:
1. Handheld set up to sync to Google Drive folder "Music" which in turn gets synced their cloud and thence to my Galaxy S5's SD card via Foldersync (currently 796 tracks "in queue" that already exist in the Music folder and on my phone).
2. Handheld set up to sync to a local folder on my Windows PC which then gets dumped into iTunes for syncing to my daughter's iPod (currently 4 tracks "in queue" that already exist in her folder). 
Both of these are mostly converting lossless flac/ape files to VBR mp3s, though with some mp3/aac files not converted too.

Thanks for any and all help! 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld Sync Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:32:24 am »

Have you tried unchecking "Resync if date modified has changed?" My hunch is that something else is accessing these files and modifying the timestamp (virus scanner, sync software, etc).

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:54:42 am »

Thanks, BryanC.  Yes, I have tried it both ways, with "Resync if date . . ." checked and unchecked (just last night, again, in fact), to no avail.  I thought the same thing, that something (timestamp) must be getting changed . . . .

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:13:38 am »

Thanks, BryanC.  Yes, I have tried it both ways, with "Resync if date . . ." checked and unchecked (just last night, again, in fact), to no avail.  I thought the same thing, that something (timestamp) must be getting changed . . . .

Do you use a conversion cache? I wonder if there's an issue whereby your cache has non-DSP'd files and you are trying to retransfer DSP'd files. You might try clearing the cache.

It could also possibly be an issue with a Smartlist rule that you use to sync your files? "Limit number to.." or something to that effect?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 04:03:23 pm »

I just checked, and I didn't have the conversion cache for audio enabled, so that can't be it.  Also, I don't use smartlists, just normal playlists, so that's out too.  Likewise, this issue was present before the DSP experiment, which I've only played with since December.  Before, as I noted in the original post, there would be maybe 20 files that would sync over and over, but again, now it's 796--way too many to sync daily (or even weekly).  Anyway, the "in queue" problem with already synced files has been going on for a while, but since it wasn't too many files, I didn't feel the need to ask about it. 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 05:19:40 pm »

I wonder if there is anything similar about those files. Long filenames? A specific format? Only certain albums?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:40 pm »

Yeah, thought about this too, but all the ones that are "in queue" now were fine before I wiped my Google Drive's folder (and of course my S5's SD card) and re-synced the tracks with DSP settings added to the conversions.  Nearly all of the original lossless tracks haven't changed at all in MC's library.  The only ones that have were single file flacs or apes with cue sheets that I divided into individual tracks; but again, this is only a few of the many files "in queue." And like I said, they are on the Google Drive (and on my phone) now, and they didn't show up in the queue prior to my re-synching everything to get the DSP settings into the mp3s (though some files did, but again, not more than about 20 or so).  Very frustrating! 

I wonder if sending a log after an attempted sync would help? 

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »

One other thing: long file names was my initial guess, but if nothing really changed about probably 90% of the tracks from when they didn't show up "in queue" prior to my re-synching everything in December, that wouldn't cause the issue, would it?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »

I attached a log that (I hope) shows me a) trying to sync 4 tracks to a folder (called Test 2) on my Google Drive via a new Handheld also called Test 2; b) syncing those tracks; c) seeing after the sync that they're on my Google Drive (see attached jpg) but that they're also due to be "Delete[d] on Sync" and the old flacs again being "In Queue"; and d) rechecking the sync and finding the same situation as the end of c).

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 10:13:30 am »

0155408: 804: Handheld: CHHUploadHelper::CreateDeleteArray: File has changed: device DM=9/26/2013 10:41 pm, queue DM=9/26/2013 10:41 pm
0155408: 804: Handheld: CHHUploadHelper::CreateDeleteArray: File has changed: device DM=9/26/2013 9:40 pm, queue DM=9/26/2013 9:40 pm
0155408: 804: Handheld: CHHUploadHelper::CreateDeleteArray: File has changed: device DM=9/26/2013 10:41 pm, queue DM=9/26/2013 10:41 pm
0155408: 804: Handheld: CHHUploadHelper::CreateDeleteArray: File has changed: device DM=12/7/2014 9:16 pm, queue DM=12/7/2014 9:16 pm

The timestamp hasn't changed, but for some reason MC sees the files as being different than what's stored in the database. My bet is that Google Drive is the culprit--maybe locking the files or the database? Can you try disabling google drive and resyncing? Perhaps you can set the "Database Path" in handheld sync settings to a folder that is not autosynced?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:08 pm »

Thanks again, BryanC. 

After trying a new "Database Path" in Handheld Options, this time to my local, non-cloud C: drive, everything seemed good after I synced once: when I clicked "Recheck Sync" after finishing, all was well.  But then after I added a couple more tracks and synced again (all while the "Database Path" remained on my main, non-cloud C: hdd), the problem repeated itself but this time only with the new tracks.  I actually tried this with my old Google Drive folder too, and though I got rid of the 796 tracks (or whatever it was) marked as "In Queue" (the ones I mentioned in my original post), the same thing happened: any new tracks I added kept showing up "In Queue," even if already on Google Drive, just like with the Test Handheld I had just used. 

I just tried this process again to get a log file and found that now it won't even work one time (see attached screenshots and the log file).  It did work once, however.  Progress?

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

A couple more screen shots attached.
Pages: [1]   Go Up