INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need Java or Adobe to run JRiver?  (Read 2674 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Do I need Java or Adobe to run JRiver?
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:24:06 pm »

I'm thinking of doing a cleanup-reinstall of my OS. Possibly going from Win7 x32 to x64 this time.
I only run this computer as a JRiver Media Server, so I don't want to install anything that isn't needed.

Do I need Java, or Adobe Flash (anything) to run Media Center and any of the movie/video/music "formats" MC supports? I don't use Blu-ray menus.

I won't install Windows Media Player or Microsoft mail, or anything else I thought I needed/wanted when I built the machine a couple of years ago.

I'm tired of all the pop-ups and reminders to update Java all the time. if I don't need it for MC I don't want it on my system. I suppose I could leave it out and see what happens (or doesn't work). I think a bunch of stuff got installed because I went to website where a popup said "install me" and I did.  :(

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Do I need Java or Adobe to run JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »

I only keep java on one of my machines because REW requires it; I don't have it on any of my other machines and JRiver works fine.

Arindelle

Re: Do I need Java or Adobe to run JRiver?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:02:00 am »

the only thing I need flash for is on a couple of sites that I run from connected media.
Pages: [1]   Go Up