INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver mastering all audio  (Read 1776 times)

sejethomas

• Recent member
JRiver mastering all audio
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:57:58 pm »

Hi!

Is it somehow possible to get all audio played on my computer (running Linux mint) to be controlled by JRiver? This feature could really be usefull for me since I want to able to control the volume output with gizmo.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver mastering all audio
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

Look a bit further down the board:
MC is now my default music player on Ubuntu

From another search on Interact:
Gizmo and Volume Control

For further background, look at the top of the Remotes board:
JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote

I suspect that the answer to your question has already been explored in overall terms. Whether there's a disconnect for Linux, I don't know. There's a challenge for you.

Perhaps, you could set out how you end up making your setup functional. That would be greatly appreciated..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:45 pm »

OP, if you mean something like JRiver's WDM driver for windows, there's not a way to do that in Linux right now.  I don't think MC for linux even handles input streams of any kind yet.

sejethomas

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

I'm already streaming all my music from my NAS and controlling the playback with my android phone. It is just that I am also using xbmc for video playback (since JRiver doesn't support VAAPI yet) and it would really be nice with one volumecontrol.

The WDM driver sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 09:47:14 am »

It's a brand new feature in MC for windows, but there's nothing comparable in MC for Linux right now.  I can't speculate on when (if ever) it will be available in Linux; it's a fairly tall order.

On the windows platform some of the underlying architecture had been in place for a year or two: for example JRiver Media Center 18 and 19 both had some software loopback options (ASIO and WASAPI) that sort of laid the groundwork for the WDM driver.  Nothing like that currently exists in MC Linux, and Linux uses a completely different audio stack than windows so they'd be starting from scratch to some extent.  I haven't tried using that feature of Windows MC in wine emulation, but my guess is it would not work well.

The bottom line is that there isn't a good solution for this issue in the near-term on the linux side. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up