INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I link an uploaded playlist FROM my phone to songs on my PC?  (Read 812 times)

raiserroofer

• Recent member

Hey all,

My hard drive crashed. As a result, I had to wipe it, which included my 300 track playlist on JRiver. Fortunately, I have it on my Android phone.

I plugged in my phone, and JRiver found the playlist, with it pointing to the files on the phone's internal storage. I copied the playlist contents (highlighted all the tracks, clicked and dragged) to the list on my computer. But now those tracks don't link to anything.

Here's the thing: the metadata - except for the file path - is the exact same. Is there a way for JRiver to search and locate the files I already have on my hard drive?

I'm thinking about downloading all the files from my phone anyways and just removing the duplicates. But I'd rather be safe than sorry...

Thanks!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I link an uploaded playlist FROM my phone to songs on my PC?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:18:38 pm »

Open up the playlist file in notepad and do Edit>Replace. Replace the incorrect drive path (e.g. E:) with the correct drive path (e.g. C:).

raiserroofer

• Recent member
Re: How do I link an uploaded playlist FROM my phone to songs on my PC?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »

Open up the playlist file in notepad and do Edit>Replace. Replace the incorrect drive path (e.g. E:) with the correct drive path (e.g. C:).

This worked well enough! About 60 files weren't picked up but I'll just put those in manually. Saved me a good couple hours!

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up