INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line in?  (Read 1509 times)

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
Line in?
« on: November 20, 2014, 06:05:03 am »

Hello all, back with more questions!!

I use a behringer 610, which has 10 channels of output but also allows for input via line/mic level connectors as well as SPDIF coax and optical. I'd like to more completely integrate the rest of my external devices so that I am only controlling the volume at one place and out putting via my channel routing and crossover setup in JRiver. Is there a way I can plug a signal into one of these inputs and route it through jrivers audio engine? if so how? is this a permanent setting or one I have to set each time I want to listen to a device? Ideally each of these inputs would auto detect when there was a live input and switch to it automatically thus muting the other inputs of the WDM driver / IDC that I currently use for everything else.

This would also allow for REW - ASIO - JRiver audio engine- ASIO - Behringer - amps - speakers - mic - behringer - asio - REW for getting measurement of settings I use in the DSP section

Possible or pie in the sky?

Ta.

Stefan

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Line in?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:11:01 am »

Anyone?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:58 am »

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:32:17 am »

JRiver's ASIO line in will allow you to pull a signal in from an ASIO device's input, but it needs to be turned on each time.  Automatic line in integration is not currently possible in JRiver to my knowledge. 

There are some potential wrinkles depending on your device's ASIO driver, but I'd try it and see if I were you.  The menu option is called "open live" and you want the ASIO line in option.

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

Thanks for that, it's more the line in functionality I can't find info on, i've got a reasonable handle on room correction and speaker linearization.

Stefan

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »

Thanks for that, it's more the line in functionality I can't find info on, i've got a reasonable handle on room correction and speaker linearization.

Stefan

As noted above, Open Live --> ASIO line in is probably what you're looking for

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »

Hi mwillems,

Sorry I must have been posting while you we're. I'll check out your suggestions.

Thanks.......again 😃

Stefan
Pages: [1]   Go Up