INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure video and audio out on new build asus 797-a motherboard  (Read 1455 times)

thane108

• World Citizen

I'm taking a leap and doing my first computer build next month - and I'm thinking about how I will configure my audio out.

I'm using an asus 797-a motherboard.  It has hdmi, analog and optical out.

I just installed an EVGA Geforce 750 ti 2 gig video board on my current system that I'll move to the new build.

I was planning on moving over my 4 year old soundblaster titanium x-fi sound card.

I currently use the optical out on the sound card to stream internet music to my receiver.
I currently use the hdmi out on video card to my receiver to my tv - JRiver goes out over the hdmi on this 750ti card.
I currently use the analog out on my soundcard to my desktop speakers.

Two questions:

1)  Should I just use the optical out and analog out on the 797-a and not bother moving over the old soundblaster card to the new build?

2)  I assume I should use the hdmi out on my 750 ti card rather than use the hdmi out on the 797-a motherboard.  Is that correct?  Would it make any difference?

Thanks for suggestions and insights- still learning.

Perseverance wins out in the end!

thane108

• World Citizen
Re: Configure video and audio out on new build asus 797-a motherboard
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 08:51:19 am »

My old card allows analog and optical out simultaneously.

I'm not sure if the asus z97-a allows that.  If not I'll move the card.  Otherwise just more heat.

Anyone have an asus z97-a configured for audio?
Perseverance wins out in the end!
Pages: [1]   Go Up