INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A complete JRiver Novice (JR 20) Needs Help Getting Started.  (Read 1253 times)

LanceA

A complete JRiver Novice (JR 20) Needs Help Getting Started.
« on: November 20, 2014, 06:58:05 pm »

I am an audio cable and Speaker designer and part time Audio Equipment reviewer.  My Mac Mini is off having an outboard Linear Power Supply installed at present.  I figured that this would be a great time to construct my Audio only purpose built PC.  I want to be able to compare Mac Mini and PC using JRiver 20 once my Mac Mini returns.  I have been using Audirvarna as my Player software for quite some time.

I just purchased JRiver 20 and must admit to being totally out of my depth with this software.  I hope that this forum's members will understand my complete ignorance with this Highly Respected software and offer some basic assistance.

I will be connecting either (taking turns) my Auralic Vega USB DAC, or my Ayre QB-9 DSD USB DAC to either my new PC or Mac Mini.  I am going to be formatting several external MUSIC Hard Drives with "exFat" so that I may switch them and the music lists between both computers.

Please someone describe the most basic of instructions required to plug an external music loaded hard drive to either computer and then get that music into JRiver 20 in a simple list/format so that I may find my albums and play them.

I know that you must find this request rather simplistic, but I could certainly use some help here.

Thanks a bunch,

Lance A.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A complete JRiver Novice (JR 20) Needs Help Getting Started.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »

Welcome.  There is a link in my signature called "Getting Started".  You could read about importing files there.

LanceA

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

JimH,

Thank you very much.  I have saved it and will go through this information carefully.

Lance A

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »

Just a suggestion to consider (not knowing your exact use requirements so forgive me if you have specific reasons this can't work for you):
Install MC on both machines and make one of them the 'master' library and connect to it from the other as a client.  Store the music on a network drive or a shared network path, so both machines can play the files directly.
If you try to use the same files in two separate libraries, things may get out of sync with the tags unless you are very careful about updating library from tags or tags from library as appropriate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up