INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Problems  (Read 76517 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WDM Problems
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »

The new driver does not work on my system. No sound whatsoever unless I disable the driver and go back to original Realtek drivers.
Are you running MC or Media Server?  It's required if you're using WDM as the Windows default driver.

dbdog

• Recent member
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2014, 04:27:30 pm »

WDM routed spotify and chrome audio through MC fine. My problem is that it deleted everything I had in my "playing now" list everytime I play sounds from another program. Is there an easy way to route other audio traffic through another zone or something to stop me from losing my play list each time?

thanks
dbdog

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:09 pm »

WDM routed spotify and chrome audio through MC fine. My problem is that it deleted everything I had in my "playing now" list everytime I play sounds from another program. Is there an easy way to route other audio traffic through another zone or something to stop me from losing my play list each time?

thanks
dbdog

Yes.  You need to setup a second zone for the WDM driver input and setup a zoneswitch rule to route the audio to that zone.  Check out the instructions in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93043.0

The method described over there is designed to deal with issues related to streaming video, but the zone setup described should solve your problem too.

bwa

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2014, 02:53:33 am »

Waiting for the Record button ... :P

borges

• Recent member
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2014, 07:13:54 am »

On my system the WDM works very well for some sample rates but not with outhers. Let me know if I can help debug this.

System: Player is JRMC17, DAC is www.henryaudio.com in USB Audio Class 2 ASIO mode, OS is Win7-64. Source: wav files converted to the 6 classical sample rates (44.1 up through 192) by JRMC17 or 18.

The DAC and source material work very well with MC in normal operation. With 20.0.41's WDM I'm OK with 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4ksps, but get silence with 48, 96 and 192.

Setting the protocol to WASAPI event style in the player, the DAC (operating through WDM and ASIO driver) is correctly set up to use those three sample rates. With WASAPI (not event style) I get an unreliable playback. With Direct sound I also get audio on 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4ksps material, but now everything is resampled to 44.1. With DS I also get silence on 48, 96 and 192.

I kind of expected DS to resample all 6 rates to the default sample rate set by the OS, and both kinds of WASAPI to forwared the source material 1:1 without sample rate conversion.

Best,
Børge

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

this is my problem:
i've always used xbmc like frontend for movie and jriver like external player for view the movie selected on xbmc (xbmc not support ASIO).
with new wdm driver yesterday i've try to tell to xbmc to output on audio driver WASAPI JRiver WDM driver, actually the jriver wdm driver isn't default windows driver because i want to output audio of windows on tv (hdmi).

Whit this setup when i launch a movie inside xbmc the video starting and the audio output correctly through jriver on my ASIO card (Ipc play) but the audio glitch and if i try to change an options during play i take a good WINDOWS BLUE SCREEN!!!

practically i want to use a jriver wdm driver like bridge between wdm and asio (for app like xbmc that not support asio) and apply all dsp to output asio device.

Why?

dbdog

• Recent member
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2014, 11:53:22 pm »

Yes.  You need to setup a second zone for the WDM driver input and setup a zoneswitch rule to route the audio to that zone.  Check out the instructions in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93043.0

The method described over there is designed to deal with issues related to streaming video, but the zone setup described should solve your problem too.

Thanks for trying to help. As usual when I fiddle with technical stuff, it didn't work for me. I don't have time or skills to trouble shoot this.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2014, 06:41:36 am »

If you don't want WDM, turn it off in Windows Control Panel Sounds.  Then install from the command line, adding /NODRIVER after the name of the install file.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up