INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping Bootlegs Best Practices  (Read 1539 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Ripping Bootlegs Best Practices
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:48:59 pm »

I have a large collection of bootlegs (or Recordings of Independent Origin, as some might say).

When I insert my disc to rip and click the action dialog to rip it, it sometimes starts up ripping and other times asks me for Artist, album, track info etc.

How can I ensure that I am always asked to input that information prior to rip so that it goes into the right artist directory? (That is assuming the boot isn't found in an online database as some of them have, and that's fine when it does happen).

How have other's dealt with this?

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping Bootlegs Best Practices
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:45:37 pm »

Uncheck "Enable auto-rip mode" in the Tools/Options/CD, DVD and BD dialog under "Auto Rip CD database lookup options".

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:30:45 pm »

Uncheck "Enable auto-rip mode" in the Tools/Options/CD, DVD and BD dialog under "Auto Rip CD database lookup options".
Not sure how that helps. It asks me now it I want to rip. I also want it to look in the database.
What happens if it is not found in the database? I want it to ask me for info.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:38 pm »

Not sure how that helps. It asks me now it I want to rip. I also want it to look in the database.
What happens if it is not found in the database? I want it to ask me for info.

Perhaps I didn't understand what you wanted.  In your first post, you asked

"How can I ensure that I am always asked to input that information prior to rip so that it goes into the right artist directory?"

I interpreted your question to mean that you wanted to verify that the tag information was correct.

If auto-rip is checked, MC will look up the CD in its tag database.  If the CD is found, the tag information from the database will be used to form folder and file names and stored in the music files produced when the CD is ripped.  The ripping process will begin without giving you a chance to verify and change tag information.

If the CD is not found in the tag database, MC will ask you for tag information.

If auto-rip is not checked, MC will not start the ripping process until you tell it to.  That gives you the chance to verify that the tag information is what you want.  You can make changes at that point.  Then you tell MC to start the ripping process.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:46 am »

It's weird because I was ripping a 2 CD boot. The first disc rip asked me to fill in info. The second did not, and the second went into New Artist / New Album directory.

I guess I'll have to continue and hope to notice a trend or assume that second disc rip was an anomaly.

Thanks for the response. I'll update as more becomes apparent.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 11:39:21 am »

It's weird because I was ripping a 2 CD boot. The first disc rip asked me to fill in info. The second did not, and the second went into New Artist / New Album directory.

I guess I'll have to continue and hope to notice a trend or assume that second disc rip was an anomaly.

Thanks for the response. I'll update as more becomes apparent.

Did you uncheck the auto rip option as I suggested?
Pages: [1]   Go Up