Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tags  (Read 1068 times)

sharongrf

tags
« on: November 22, 2014, 06:17:14 am »

hello
I have 2 kinds of files on jriver
1. files that was originally rip through jriver. these file correspond to when i change the name of the artist using tag...and the albums of the artist change there location by the a-b-c as they should.
2. files that was ripped by other program and than was imported to jriver. these files do not respond when changing there name .
is it possible to make files like these to work like files that was originally ripped bu jriver?
thank you
Sharon

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: tag's
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »

is it possible to make files like these to work like files that was originally ripped bu jriver?

yes. one way: import (manually) the files ripped with other software.  the recently imported playlist view will come up.  you can check tag vales there.

Your poll choices don't relate to your question.

sharongrf

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

thank you
what do you mean import manually? I tried in tools - import - import a single folder. but steel when I change tag - the file name it does not change the file name below the picture of the album and does not move according to the a-b-c..

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

thank you
what do you mean import manually? I tried in tools - import - import a single folder. but steel when I change tag - the file name it does not change the file name below the picture of the album and does not move according to the a-b-c..

I don't understand your post.

Changing a tag value for a file doesn't change the file name.  Tags are separate from folder and file names. You can use tags to rename files with the "rename, move, copy" command and you can use folder and file names to populate tags. 

sharongrf

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »

I will try to explain again..
suppose I have an album that was ripped through jriver. the name of the artist for example is a. when i will use tagging and change the name for b (on jriver - I know it doesn't change the true file name ...), the album will move to the be the first album in the "b" letter after all the albums starting with "a". it does not happend to albums that was ripped with other software - there the name of the artist under the picture of the album refuses to change and move... it is importand to me because i cannot organize all the albums of the same artist together if the spelling of the artist that was ripped with other software isn't identical by 100%...

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 04:14:16 pm »

If I understand correctly, the files ripped from the other program may have Artist set while you're editing the Album Artist field.

Select the offending album and from the bottom left choose Tag. A pane will open with fields and values. Search the list and see if Album Artist is the same as Artist. I suspect one of those fields is the value you want to change but isn't changing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up