INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 Theater View Hang  (Read 1082 times)

jstruebel

• Recent member
MC 19 Theater View Hang
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »

I've been using MC 19 for the past year and generally it's working great. I primarily use it with Theater View on my HTPC with a WMC remote. I've run into a few places where it hangs and I end up having to ctrl+alt+del to either get back to the desktop or kill MC completely.

The most recent situation that I've run into is with the Player menu and the Display View option, both in the Playing Now view while playing an audio file. With the Player menu, when I press enter on it, I don't see the menu appear and it doesn't seem like the arrow keys work at first. However if I press the left arrow key twice, the Volume Down item highlights and everything works just fine.

With the Display View option, when I select it, nothing happens to the display. If I press the left or right arrow keys, I can hear the audio skip forward or backward, so the controls still work. However, even if I press the ESC key several times nothing changes on the display. I have to ctrl+alt+del to get back to windows and sometimes I can jump back to MC and sometimes I have to end the process.

Based on the searches that I've done in the forums, it seems like this is a display issue, and since I'm running the Intel HD4000 display adapter, I'm suspecting that is the culprit. An interesting aspect to this is that if I use the green windows button on my remote, the display view comes up just fine and everything seems happy. I can toggle between the views with it all day long with no hangs. So my guess is that there is some interaction with the calls being made to the driver when using the menu items in Playing Now that doesn't happen when using the green windows button on the remote.

I did test this out on a separate PC which has an AMD Phenom II processor and Radeon Graphics card and it worked flawlessly. Attached are the log files from my HTPC for each of the three cases, Player menu, Display view from Playing Now, Display View with Green button.

Also, I realize that MC19 is EOL, so if I need to upgrade to MC20 in order to get support or help with debugging I can do that. I just haven't had any other need to upgrade yet.

Jonathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up