INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting ape files to mp3 to install on my smartphone  (Read 1018 times)

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
Converting ape files to mp3 to install on my smartphone
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:28 pm »

Heading out of town for Thanksgiving and need to figure out the easiest way to get some of my lossless music copied off the hard drive and on the cell for road music. Would like to convert them to mp3 320kbps. I tried this briefly once before and ran into a hitch. If someone could steer me in the right direction by Wednesday I will save you some pumpkin pie! Thanks and safe holidays.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Converting ape files to mp3 to install on my smartphone
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:50:33 am »

When you sync from MC, there are options for conversion.

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:18 am »

Can this a one step process? In other words is there a way I can just plug my phone into my computer's USB and tell MC to send converted files to my cell from say, a play list or is it more complicated then that? It has been several months since I tried last but it seemed to want to convert my ape files to mp3 fine but then it left them in the same folder as the originals which meant finding selecting and deleting all the duplicates. Obviously I did something wrong but it wasn't that important to figure out then. Anyway it seemed like I tried searching for this, something admittedly I am terrible at, with little results. I am certain I am not the only one who wants this. How is it done, what are your favorite ways of doing it? Thanks!

Alobar

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:22:31 am »

OK, I found what I needed in FAQ. A very elegant solution and it is working perfectly so far. Right now I am loading a playlist, but later I may want to add more music and the possibly exist of duplicates being selected for conversion to my mobile. Will it exclude duplicate files from my cell?

Edited.. All worked very smoothly this time. I decided to load all my music to the cell in mp3 320kbps and it preserved  artwork, as well as playlists. Couldn't be happier with the ease of it all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up