INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver does not see the Kerns AK 100 II in DAC mode just recently purchased  (Read 1662 times)

dgrubb001

On Windows 7 professional, latest updates and service packs. JRiver was also recently purchased and installed. Kern AK 100 II shows up in Windows control panel and Windows uses it as a DAC. But JRiver does not see the Kerns DAC.  JRiver continues to try and use the SoundBlaster Xtreme sound card which is not selected in Windows Control Panel, therefore no sound.

I am getting no help from my dealer or Kerns support. So, I am new to this site and forum, please cut me some slack if I posted this in the wrong place and nicely redirect me to the appropriate forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards dlg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Did you set up audio in MC?  You should be able to select the device there.

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.

Make sure another program doesn't have the DAC open for "exclusive" access.

dgrubb001

Thanks for the reply. Since I am newbe to JRiver, I really don't know what you mean did I setup the device in MC? Second, nothing I am aware of is using the Kerns as a DAC. With the exception of my PC in Control Panel Sound, I did select the ak100 as the sound card. I was hoping to simply be able to remove the old Soundblaster card all together and just us the Kerns 100. But since MC does not recognize the AK100, it defaults back to the Soundblaster of which is no longer hooked up to my amp. Therefore, no sound when trying to play HD audio in JRiver. I know it is something simple I am missing, just can't figure out what it is. My dealer recommended me to completely uninstall JRiver and re-install it. This did nothing but waste some time. I will check out the audio article on wiki. Does anyone agree with me that JRiver should have a technical support department? I am a certified Microsoft engineer and find applications without good support are pretty useless. This seems odd to me they charge you 50 bux and have no support available.. Are there other applications that can play HD audio? And, have a tech support system? I would like to know and my just switch over and get a refund.

CountryBumkin

If you go to Tools>Options>Audio and look under Audio Devices (click on the "check mark" or "device" shown) you should see a list of all available sound devices. Did you get this far?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up