INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Manually Edit Tags  (Read 1378 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
Unable to Manually Edit Tags
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:12:43 pm »

I am using MC Windows version 19. My Main Library is stored on my desktop computer. The files themselves are on a NAS. My music server PC shares the Main Library. I recently imported a hi res (24/192) album. For some unknown reason a number of tag fields are empty: duration, bit depth, bit rate, sample rate. I am unable to enter the data manually because those tags are greyed out when I go to the Tag Editor, i.e. I am unable to click on them to get to the data entry box.

Here is the strange part. I just turned on my music server PC and ran Auto Import. The data for all of the above tags is present there. I tried rebooting my desktop PC, but that had no effect. The tags in JRiver are empty for those fields. I don't know if the Shared Library gets its data from the Main Library or directly from the files on the NAS. If from the Main Library, then the data is present but is not being displayed, If from the NAS directly, I don't understand why all the metadata is being imported to the music server PC and not the desktop.

How can I manually enter the data for the empty tags on the desktop PC? Or get those tags to display the data?

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Unable to Manually Edit Tags
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:41:18 pm »

While I can offer no definite explanation for it, the problem appears to have resolved itself after I updated to the latest version of MC 19. All the tags which were formerly blank, i.e. duration, but depth, bit rate and sampling rate are now filled in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up