INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to create interface plug-ins for Theater View?  (Read 2151 times)

pahunt

• World Citizen
Possible to create interface plug-ins for Theater View?
« on: November 26, 2014, 04:27:40 am »

I have an idea for a new interface plug-in but for best results it would need to be available in Theater View. I have searched through all the documentation I can find and the forum as well but I've been unable to find any information about whether this is possible or not.

The only possible solution I have been unable to dream up is to create dummy items in the library and then provide the user with instructions to build a view to display them but there a couple of issues I can immediately see with this. Firstly, the Theater View view would be fairly limited in functionality (no search like there is in YouTube for example) and secondly creating dummy items feels messy and wrong.

So is there another way that I just haven't found yet?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Possible to create interface plug-ins for Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:14:32 am »

I think that the weather in Theater View, and a couple others, are based on a plug-in.

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:49 am »

Thanks for the reply Jim. So what you're saying is that it should be possible which is great news but is there any documentation or samples or anything that you can point me towards? I'm familiar with how to create standard view interface plug-ins but with theater view I'm scrabbling around in the dark at this stage.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:39:30 am »

I don't think it has been documented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up