INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 monitors, no options to get what i'm looking for  (Read 2526 times)

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
2 monitors, no options to get what i'm looking for
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:41:39 pm »

I've been using v16 for long time and recently upgraded to v20.  simple example of my problem which i've always had.... i have 2 monitors, when i start jrm main window appears in default monitor, when i start a video it starts playing on the second monitor however the main window on the default monitor goes away and i have to select "detach" on the video playing in order to get the main jrm window to come back.  have to do this every time after a restart of jrm. the option to tell which monitor to start playing on has always been there and still works fine however i wish there were more settings available to tell jrm i want the video to start playing detached and maximized... haven't found it so if it's there please let me know.

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 2 monitors, no options to get what i'm looking for
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:54:46 pm »

Personally i think it would be a nice feature.

In the mean time. you can read this thread to help.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79166.0

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:25 pm »

Please describe in more detail what you are trying to accomplish, rather than the thing you think you want added.

Between the scripting capabilities of MC, and the flexibility of Detached Displays, there is very little MC can't handle with dual monitors.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:18 pm »

Please describe in more detail what you are trying to accomplish, rather than the thing you think you want added.

Between the scripting capabilities of MC, and the flexibility of Detached Displays, there is very little MC can't handle with dual monitors.

"audioriver" and "castius" appear to understand what I'm looking for which isn't complicated.  We want an option added which can be turned on which does this...  regardless of whether jrm has been restarted or not, every time we start video playback on a particular zone, the window is detached.  

Yes, I've read your posts regarding the scripts and creating a custom launch,... not what we want, we want an option/setting to control this.  I've created a lot of lengthy batch scripts in the past to control jrm and one of the things i like the most about jrm is the vast code available.  one area of jrm I've not been satisfied with is regards to multiple zones and having more control over start up behaviors upon playing video in those zones.  i typically control jrm with my phone and an app called Touch Control which calls scripts I've written to control jrm and ensures the behavior i want with a near 100% success rate every time. These scripts could be significantly reduced in size if there were more built in settings/options to control how a window is opened and sized upon first playback regardless of if restarted or if the window was changed by accident on last play.  

here's an example of a script i wrote which insures no matter what the situation is, when i start playback of a video on a particular zone, i get the same behavior every time.  You can see that its very long and one might question why is all this necessary.  I can assure you it is if you want the same behavior every time. I'm hoping a jrm developer reads this and we can have a worthwhile discussion on this topic, really believe this is one area of jrm that if looked into could improve things significantly for many people.  Thanks.

"MC - Macro Play Zone 2.bat", file details below....

echo off

set longdelay=5
set meddelay=3
set shortdelay=1.5

cls

ECHO SETTING CONTROL TO ZONE 2

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 10011, 1

ECHO STARTING VIDEO IN ZONE 2

"C:\Windows\System32\choice" /t %shortdelay% /d y > nul
"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /Bluray Z:

ECHO DETACH DISPLAY

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 10037
"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 10037, -1

ECHO REATTACH

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 10037

ECHO DETACH AGAIN

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 10037, -1

ECHO RESETTING TO "NO CROP" IN CASE WAS CHANGED

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 28022, 0

ECHO FIT WINDOW

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 28028 ,0

ECHO DISPLAY WIDESCREEN

"C:\Windows\System32\mc20.exe" /mcc 28022 ,2

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:22 pm »

The aggressive tone of your post was unwarranted, assuming I read your post right.  In any case, in that post you did essentially the exact opposite of what I asked.

You will always get the best results if you describe a problem you need to solve, and try to avoid making specific demands about the way you want to solve it.

Of that whole post there were only two or three lines relevant to your issue. The rest was not really relevant.

Think about your own job.  They have lots of demands coming from all over the place.  Would you like it if it felt like people were telling you how to do your job all the time?  That's surely not what you intended with the above post, but it can be read that way.  Like "shut up and give me what I want."

Just some advice. That's why I said what I did. They get to decide the how.  We can describe the why.

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »

Sorry if you felt like my response was aggressive.  I do not know how else to explain what myself and others have already asked before. Can someone possibly tell me the best way to get the attention of a jrm developer on this?  Do they read these posts?  Should i posts somewhere else?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »

They do read these posts. This is the best way.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 05:16:12 pm »

Not sure if this is what you meant, maybe...but I would like the ability to play video on the secondary monitor without losing the JRiver standard view on the primary monitor.

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »

Not sure if this is what you meant, maybe...but I would like the ability to play video on the secondary monitor without losing the JRiver standard view on the primary monitor.

yep... you got it. 

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 01:35:44 pm »

bump... is there someone within the jriver media group which can take a look at what I'm and others are asking for here?  If it can't be done or just isn't a high priority just say so.  Don't think this is complicated as other users understand and are requesting same.  I can attempt to explain again if needed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »

Did you explore what you can do with the settings?  Tools > Options > General > Behavior.

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 02:02:34 pm »

Did you explore what you can do with the settings?  Tools > Options > General > Behavior.
Yea, i've played around with all those settings and unfortunately doesn't solve the issue.  Every time display mode is used the main jrmc window disappears and you must right click on the program within the task bar and choose close which brings back the main window and the movie playing ends up in standard view within the playing now window.

I've created and works "most" of the time which detaches and reattaches several times in order to achieve the end result however it doesn't always work and would be nice if there was an option which specifies when using display view NOT to hide the main jrmc window.

thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up