INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 Not Accessing NAS on Old Windows XP Laptop  (Read 1083 times)

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
MC19 Not Accessing NAS on Old Windows XP Laptop
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:50:35 am »

I am trying to use an old Toshiba Laptop (single core Celeron, Windows XP) to watch ripped workout DVDs for my bike trainer, and MC19 is NOT showing my NAS music and video files.

This laptop has access to the NAS, and these files show in Windows File Explorer.

When I try to import these folders, I go to Add Auto-Import and Browse for the NAS in MC19 and MC19 sees the folders.  BUT afterword instead of showing the import folders as \\NSA320\video\, they show up as C:\Documents and Settings\owner\NetHood\video on NSA320.

With this configuration, MC19 does NOT import the NSA files into the Library, and I cannot play the files.  MC19 will play the NSA files (tried on music), if I select them in Windows File Explorer and double click (though only plays single track).  MC19 will also play files that I have physically on the laptop, but this limitation is a major problem with its small HD.

I originally downloaded an old version of MC19 a year ago, but never used it.  In the past week, I installed the latest version of MC19.  I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MC19, without solving this problem.  I notice the JRiver Media Server shows up as well as MC19.

Is this a configuration problem and how can it be corrected?

Can I copy my MC19 settings that I have on my main Win7Pro PC?  How?

Pages: [1]   Go Up