INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need mac licence  (Read 2435 times)

alphadj

• Recent member
need mac licence
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

im not using windows version anymore it was too buggy how can a change my fairly new subscription over to a mac version?

Thanks ,\\   Dean

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: need mac licence
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

What bugs? You might try reading the wiki troubleshooting guide.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:34 pm »

He likely is referring to this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95386.0

But that problem was solved by Andrew's suggestion (surprising no one, Andrew knew what to do to solve an esoteric DLNA issue).  For the record, though, MC is built on the same code-base for both OSX and Windows, so this issue almost certainly comes down to drivers, the network stack in the OS, or something specific to your DLNA device.  In any case, Andrew explained how to solve it.

im not using windows version anymore it was too buggy how can a change my fairly new subscription over to a mac version?

Sorry. Mac and Windows licenses for MC are not transferable.  JRiver provides a full-featured 30-day trial so that you can test essential features before purchasing.  Also, the license you bought is not a subscription, it a purchase. You can use your Windows license on any PCs that you own.  You can upgrade your license to a Master license, which Jim mentioned in the other thread, for a modest fee.  A Master License works for all three supported platforms.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

alphadj

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:01:15 am »

The "solution" was not acceptable as it requires downgrading 24bit down to 16bit across the board. It was a workaround. I am able to run at 24bit with no problems using the mac version. MC 19 didn't have this problem when I did my "essential feature" testing. If you want to keep a happy customer I would like a license for no more charge for the mac.

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 12:22:41 pm »

I don't work for JRiver so I can't assist you with that.

I didn't realize the L16 conversion setting downsampled, though that makes sense of course.  Did you try it with only Andrew's other suggestion, or report any of this back to the original thread?

alphadj

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:29 pm »

who would be able to help me then with that cross platform license change.  ? do they not have any customer service  this is wack

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 06:07:09 pm »

This forum is actively monitored by JRiver staff, including the lead developer (Matt) and the CEO (JimH).  I just don't happen to work for them (though I'm an admin on the forum, I just help with thread management tasks and spam and stuff).

I'm sure someone will respond.  However, I'd be willing to bet from experience that the answer I gave is the answer.

I'd recommend that you attempt to solve your issue.  If it is a bug in MC (and if it worked and still works with MC19 on your Windows install, and works on the OSX version, then it would seem likely that something odd is going on anyway), they'll try to investigate and fix it.  But it didn't look like you were looking for that kind of help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:19:00 pm »

We don't exchange licenses.  Sorry.

You could use a Windows license as a basis to upgrade to a Master License for $24.98.  It will then work with all 3 OS's.

alphadj

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:15:39 am »

This idea of a master licensee is a joke with the money j river charges and the product they produce they are living  outside of the norm for this type of software. I have other of similar situations with other software vendors and they are automatically crossplatform and thats that for one price no nickle and dime. I am disappointed that jriver is so aloof when it comes to customer satisfaction and pleasing the customer I would rank them like a mom and no pop organisation. Their software hmmmm while I applaud their effort but when I use jriver software I feel like I am using a Beta version and am paying for a fully operational fine tuned software. I consider myself in the audiophile category and that is all that I have used this software for so far.

I will begrudgingly pay u more money for the "master" license for 24.98 .....please let me know how to proceed with that price.   thanks

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 11:35:49 am »

This idea of a master licensee is a joke with the money j river charges and the product they produce they are living  outside of the norm for this type of software. I have other of similar situations with other software vendors and they are automatically crossplatform and thats that for one price no nickle and dime. I am disappointed that jriver is so aloof when it comes to customer satisfaction and pleasing the customer I would rank them like a mom and no pop organisation. Their software hmmmm while I applaud their effort but when I use jriver software I feel like I am using a Beta version and am paying for a fully operational fine tuned software. I consider myself in the audiophile category and that is all that I have used this software for so far.

I will begrudgingly pay u more money for the "master" license for 24.98 .....please let me know how to proceed with that price.   thanks

Actually, I find the master license incredibly useful, as I have several different machines and I like to try and/or run JR Media Center on a different ones. I fit into the "audiophile" category too, and find that JR Media Center is capable of putting out absolutely top quality sound, it just takes a little care to setup.

Note that it is very possible to stick with a "finished" version of JR Media Center until the next version is polished enough to run 100% of the time, but the newer versions often include features that Audiophiles have asked for and really want. It is nice model that lets people find out what they really want and what is really important to them. :)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 11:36:17 am »

Sorry that it's not working out for you.

Here's the link to the Purchase page. http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html
See/read the second and third sentence under "Ready to Buy"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 11:41:17 am »

Please don't bother. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up