INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move all files in folder option not working?  (Read 691 times)

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
Move all files in folder option not working?
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:35:12 am »

Hi,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong ...  ?

I have a ripping temporary folder.  All the new non-imported files files are in there, including the cover art named folder.jpg.

I use MC 20.0.41 to browse to that folder under "Drives & devices".

I select all the audio files and use the  "Rename (move files if directory changes)" function with the option "Move all files in folder" option checked.

I use a preset for renaming the files and move them to the final destination on my server (i.e. Z:\Audio\[Artist]\[Year] - [Album]\[Track#] - [Name]).

All the audio files are moved except the cover art named folder.jpg.  I have to manualy copy/paste that file into the final folder.

Am I missing something?   ?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move all files in folder option not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:20:32 am »

Yes probably.  In your import options, make sure to check "ignore previously deleted files"

Make a smart list, set it to "file path contains (folder name with all your folder.jpg), and also with the expression:

~d=a

Delete (from the library) all files in the smartlist that you want to move with the "move all files" checkbox

Now the files are "officially un-imported" and they should move... I had to learn a bit about how the library works.  see here for a few tips

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93743.0

bilbo2112

• Junior Woodchuck
  • "We have assumed control"
Re: Move all files in folder option not working?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:25:31 pm »

Thank you for responding.

I find this method way too complicated for me!  I don't even know how to create a "smart list"  ;D

The "temporary ripping folder" is not part of my library.  It's a folder to rename/delete/tag files before moving them to the "official" audio folder.

All I want is a tool for tagging and moving audio files along with all other type of files (booklet, pdf, jpg, txt, ...).

I'm already doing this very easily with Media Monkey, but I want to go 100% JRiver.

Also, I would like to add a "shortcut" in MC to point directly to this temporary folder without importing its content to the library (more like a file explorer shortcut).  Is this possible because browsing my computer under "Drives & Devices" sucks  :P

Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up