INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAD D3020 USB input With MC20?  (Read 2422 times)

robwi

• Recent member
NAD D3020 USB input With MC20?
« on: November 29, 2014, 02:05:23 pm »

Got a new NAD D3020 Amp. I can get optical Realtek Digital Optical from my computer to work, but NOT the higher quality USB input.  NAD tech no.1 felt that it was a setting in JRiver that was the problem.  Another tech sent me a new NAD D3020 unit after I demonstrated that even with the simple Windows 7 sound check, that the USB input on the NAD would not even play Windows test tones (Control Panel, Sounds, playback devices).  I assume that when JRiver is unopened, it doesn't affect the computer's audio.  I just got my new unit, and it doesn't work either.  Any ideas?   I'll also mention that I have a dragonfly usb device into powered speakers that works fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NAD D3020 USB input With MC20?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »

If it works with the Dragonfly, that proves JRiver and Windows are working.

Test from the Control Panel Sounds.  If it doesn't work there, it won't work with MC.

Try a different USB port and cable.

Try another computer if you can.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NAD D3020 USB input With MC20?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:49:42 pm »

I've got a NAD C390DD and USB works fine. And I've tested it with high res files just for fun.

I thought that it may share the same USB driver as the D 3020 but from checking the NAD website, no such luck.

I'm with Jim, doesn't make sense that if MC+Dragonfly+Windows works then the audio delivery path is confirmed. Just to be sure, have you tested with another audio playback software as a cross check?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up