INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and Tuning Adapters (Premium Channels)  (Read 1471 times)

Daveburt

• Recent member
MC and Tuning Adapters (Premium Channels)
« on: November 30, 2014, 12:58:42 am »

I'm using an HD Homerun Prime with a Cisco STA1520 tuning adapter (to allow access to premium content).
Although I love MC for music and movies, I've been using Windows MC for TV viewing/recording.

I was really happy to see the release of the new sound driver, however, using it killed the audio to WMC (via HDMI)...  :(
Leaving MC running restored the audio to WMC, unfortunately my HTPC is of the low power variety and this causes more problems, stuttering, slow responses etc. 
It's not a good solution in my case.

Anyway, I've put in a few hours trying to get MC to see the HDPrime and have had some success!
The biggest problem is that it still won't allow access to premium content, and honestly even though I haven't tried the recording feature I don't feel confident with it...  :-\

Has anyone been able to get premium content in MC (using a TA)?

I'd really like to be able to ditch WMC for good!
If there's a solution to this problem I'd be willing to do the work.

It'd be great if I could just have my HTPC boot into MC and never have to look back...  ;D

Thanks,
Dave
TV-LG 60" Plasma_Head Emo UMC-1_Amp UPA-500_Speakers: Mains Paradigm Monitor9 v7_Dayton SUB 1000 10"/100w_Infinity Sterling Center_Boston Acoustic Sat6 Rears_Logitech Harmony One remote

HTPC: ASRock AM1H-ITX_AMD Athlon 5350(25w)_8Gb Crucial Balistic 1600 1.35v memory_Samsung EVO 120Gb SSD_3Tb WD Red HD_Fractal Node 605 case

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC and Tuning Adapters (Premium Channels)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:56:11 am »

Sorry, MC's support of HDHomeRun Prime does not include premium channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daveburt

• Recent member
Re: MC and Tuning Adapters (Premium Channels)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:11 am »

Sorry, MC's support of HDHomeRun Prime does not include premium channels.

Thanks for the response Yaobing...

I'd hope you folks are working on the TV section of MC. Window's MC supports Premium channels, as well as the digital channels supplied by the Tuning Adapter. 
WMC's ease of use, support for Premium content and reliability are far superior to JRiver for now...

I'm not trying to be unduly critical... I understand that you folks don't have the resources of a giant like MS.  ;)

I prefer every other aspect of JRiver to the WMC variant though!  Your handling of Meta Data, Audio, Video quality and tweaks makes WMC look weak compared to your software!

My goal is to be able to ditch WMC completely...  You folks are so close to allowing me to do that!  ;D
IMHO, it's the last weakness of your software.  I hope you folks can sort it out...

Your Loyal Customer,
Dave

TV-LG 60" Plasma_Head Emo UMC-1_Amp UPA-500_Speakers: Mains Paradigm Monitor9 v7_Dayton SUB 1000 10"/100w_Infinity Sterling Center_Boston Acoustic Sat6 Rears_Logitech Harmony One remote

HTPC: ASRock AM1H-ITX_AMD Athlon 5350(25w)_8Gb Crucial Balistic 1600 1.35v memory_Samsung EVO 120Gb SSD_3Tb WD Red HD_Fractal Node 605 case
Pages: [1]   Go Up