INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Blu Ray Discs  (Read 3411 times)

jaypeecee

• Recent member
Playing Blu Ray Discs
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:02:09 am »

Hi Folks,

Very recently, I purchased Pink Floyd's latest album, The Endless River. The option I chose was the combined CD and Blu-Ray combo. As the audio on the Blu-Ray is 24bit/96kHz, I was keen to try it out. I put the disc in my Blu-Ray compatible media player and, using JRiver MC 18 was prompted to make a selection. I chose the Play option. There was some disc activity, then my computer screen went blank.

Using JRiver's Help facility, it seems that I may need to install AnyDVD HD but it is expensive. Do the later versions of JRiver MC allow playback of Blu-Ray discs?

Thanks in advance.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Blu Ray Discs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:19:51 am »

The wiki has a topic on Blu-ray.  It requires a reader.

jaypeecee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:10:49 am »

The wiki has a topic on Blu-ray.  It requires a reader.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had a look at the wiki but it didn't answer my question about more recent J River MC versions. In fact, it wasn't clear to me which versions of MC the wiki was referring to. It seems odd that JRiver MC can only play unencrypted Blu-Ray discs. If most commercial discs are encrypted (for good reason), I would have expected MC to handle these with ease.

JPC
My digital music system is based around the Intel D2700MUD motherboard running Win 10 Home 64 bit. Output is fed from this to an asynchronous USB Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. Music files are stereo 24bit FLAC up to 192kHz. I use J River MC version 21.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 09:12:36 am »

The wiki still applies.   You could try an Internet search to read about the general subject.

Pages: [1]   Go Up