INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction and a couple of ideas  (Read 2371 times)

AmberOnWheels

Introduction and a couple of ideas
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »

Hello. Also, is there or will there be support for Netflix,flixster, and vudu coming soon? Since you already have hulu and well as YouTube and audible and Amazon, adding those others would make the program perfect for me.

As my nickname implies, I use a wheelchair because of cerebral palsy. Limited hand function, etc. But I do okay. It's just that having everything in one place would be awesome!

Thanks very much,
Amber

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Introduction and a couple of ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:16:32 am »

Neflix has been on JRiver for years. Unfortunately they just chnaged their API and they (Netflix) won't give us access anymore  >:( 

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:53:52 am »

No more Hulu either. Same reason as with Netflix.

I don't know why these companies would want to prevent others (like JRiver) from accessing their content. It seems to me it would only increase their sales. Maybe they want to protect the "look" or way their content is delivered.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 07:47:16 am »

No more Hulu either. Same reason as with Netflix.

I don't know why these companies would want to prevent others (like JRiver) from accessing their content. It seems to me it would only increase their sales. Maybe they want to protect the "look" or way their content is delivered.

Not sure, but I think they want to use their API as a profit center probably sell it to Roku  ?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:54 am »

Ah, that makes sense. They are selling the "access" to their content (even though the end User is also paying for access). So if JRiver wants to provide access to Netflix or Hulu, JRiver would have to pay them for the API.
Pages: [1]   Go Up