INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound  (Read 1392 times)

bobbmd

• Recent member
No sound
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

this is the third or fourth time i have downloaded a 30 day trial and still doesn't work!
jriver quickly transferred all my 15000+/800+ songs/albums/artwork.
there is no music reproduction the music plays but no sound
i have 2013 mac mini 2.6gHz i7 16gigs ram usb out to new gungnir DAC i have amarra Sq use Qobuz and TIDAL for streaming
how does the music get reproduced-the message says something about 'core audio' not being compatible with my hardware-can you help so i hear for myself how good jriver is supposed to sound ?
i don't know if this is a 'bug or not but this has happened with every trial never works as advertised

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No sound
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:52:21 pm »

Don't try Tidal or other streaming until you can play files from your computer.

Did you try setting up audio in options?

bobbmd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:47:53 pm »

JimH still no sound the tool bar says a song is being played the analyzer says a sound is being played-exactly what do i have to do tohear the music i ahve played with everything in devices options and dspap studio still no sound iTunes works through amarra Sq TIDAL and qobuz work but not jriver please tell exactly what i have to do bobbmd

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:52:06 pm »

Check from Windows Control Panel > Sounds.

Make sure nothing is muted.

bobbmd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »

JimH-jrmc now works! i really don't know exactly what i did  but i have sound my itunes library sounds very good and looks good also (I AM USING AMARRA SQ-it works with jrmc-but does that mean i can't use the dsp and other options ie does amarra override all those options in jrmc? without amarra sq on sound is 'harsher'( i am afraid to disturb anything on jriver for fear of losing it again!).
will jrmc allow tidal and qobuz and beatsmusic to stream through jriver in the near future?
thanks for all your help with getting me to get sound from jrmc
Pages: [1]   Go Up