INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autoplay and rip cds to Storage drive and Main Library  (Read 948 times)

GregWazz

Autoplay and rip cds to Storage drive and Main Library
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:13:50 pm »

I have a Mac Mini with a SSD drive, and a 1TB hdd drive I call “Storage”, I also have an external optical drive. A trial version of MC 20 is on the SSD drive with the operating system.

When I put an audio CD into the optical drive I would like it to play through MC 20 so I can listen to it and at the same time MC20 should rip the audio CD and place the resulting Apple Lossless m4a file in the "Music" folder on the “Storage” drive and in the Main Library. Is this possible?

Currently I can play a CD in MC 20 or I can rip a CD in MC 20 however I cannot do both at the same time even though I have checked the “Automatically import files when played” checkbox under Tools/Options/General.

Ripping a CD in MC 20 is slow and I have no control over where the m4a file ends up, apparently somewhere on my SSD drive, not where I want it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated by me and probably quite a few other people who have these problems. Thank you, gregwazz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up