INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding category to panes view issue  (Read 942 times)

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
adding category to panes view issue
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:57:16 pm »

I am having an issue when adding a field to the panes view in the audio section.  I want to add a category that is basically a quick select, add artist field that groups alphanumerically.  I have selected to add the category via right click and accessing "add category to the right" and selected all my options and all works fine.  But when I exit/restart MC the category changes from artist to album and i have to edit it to revert to artist (and yes i saved the view upon exit).  I have tried deleting and starting over but the same thing happens. 

All i am really looking for is a quick access means of going directly to a specific letter fo the alphabet.  There is an option to display an alphabet toolbar for video across the top of the page, but none i can find for audio.  Is there something i am missing is this regard?

To summarize, basically what i am trying to do is correct the artist field (the one I created) so it does not revert to album field every time MC is restarted OR figure out how to add an alphanumeric toolbar to the top to the page for the audio section.

Any help is appreciated. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: adding category to panes view issue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:29:54 am »

Good morning...

First of all, the 'alphabet toolbar' is only available if you set your view to "Category" view instead of "Panes".

The whole "artist" reverting to "album" thing doesn't sound right at all, so let's try and figure out what's going on...

When you say it reverts to album, do you mean that the pane you added is still there, but is now an album pane, not the artist pane you set it as?
Or do you mean that the pane you added is no longer there?

If it is the former, that's really strange and we'll need to screenshots of the 'customise view' settings to try and fully understand what's happening.
If it's the latter, the only thing I can think of at the moment is that you must be making the view changes on a client MC connected to a server MC... Is that the case?

If it is, then you need to make your view changes on the server MC, then restart your client MC to get the updated view from the server.

-marko

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: adding category to panes view issue
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:39 am »

Must be the latter...I deleted the custom category on both the server and the client and recreated it on both sides and it seems to be acting as it should.

Also saw what you were saying about the toolbar...good to know.  I flip flop through views every now and then, i'm sure it will come in handy.

Thx for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up