INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about frequency of loading the program guide data  (Read 1300 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Question about frequency of loading the program guide data
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:48:07 pm »

I have now set up my system to download OTA program guide data from Zap2it. It looks like high quality guide data, and it seems to be working nicely on my system.

Since I set up the Zap2it download to run every 7 days (it's scheduled to run in task manager once a week) I thought I would setup JRiver "load program guide" to match the same schedule, but JRiver shows the frequency for loading the program guide data as every 2, 3, 4, 8, 8, 12, or 24 hours.

My question is:
1) should I be downloading the data from Zap2it every 24 hours to match the frequency allowed by the JRiver "load program guide" parameters?

2) why would there be a setting for 2, 3, 4 hours? When would someone need to load the program data that often (every 2 hours?).  I would have expected this frequency to be in days not hours.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the purpose of the setting.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Question about frequency of loading the program guide data
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:10:43 pm »

1) Since we do not have option to load once per week, you will just load every 24 hours.  You do not need to run Zap2it as frequently, that means MC will not be really getting anything new daily.  I do recommend running Zap2it more than once per week though, because some programs change, and you want to keep up to the changes.

2) The 2, 3, 4 hours option are not really useful, they are there just because we need 6, and 8 hours options and I thought "why not give them more options?".  You need more frequent update if you use over-the-air guide data.  Many TV stations only provide 12 hours of guide data OTA (or even less).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up