INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot "get from internet" when multiple files selected  (Read 1277 times)

glabelle

• Recent member
Cannot "get from internet" when multiple files selected
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:21:54 am »

I'm new here, so don't beat up on me ;-) I just installed the latest version on my PC. When I searched my folder that has all of my music, when it was done, it added all the cover art (that it could find). Great.
However, on my laptop in the home theater, most of the cover art is missing. According to the wiki, I should be able to select the smart playlist and display all of the files with "missing cover art". This works, but if I try to select all of these, then right click and select "cover art", the "get from internet option" is not there, as it is when selecting only one file?!

Anyone know how to add all cover art to multiple files in which it is missing?

Thanks, George

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot "get from internet" when multiple files selected
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:33:09 am »

You need to use Get from Internet on the tracks for just 1 album. You can do multiple tracks from 1 album but you cannot do multiple albums all at once.

glabelle

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 09:12:24 am »

Problem solved - by cheating.

I was going from a Win7 to a Win8 machine. Somehow the Cover Art folders were mixed up in location.
I simply copied the folders from the working machine into the Win8 machine and made sure the Cover Art "specified folder" pointed to the right place. Pictures started magically appearing ;-)

I now can fill in blanks where the cover was not found in the DB, using Google search/paste from clipboard.

Thanks,
George

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:10:04 am »

You need to use Get from Internet on the tracks for just 1 album. You can do multiple tracks from 1 album but you cannot do multiple albums all at once.

however, you can
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 01:04:39 pm »

I pick multiple albums and the tool runs fine.  It's designed to handle a big list of albums.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »

OK. I will give it a try next time I need that. Then why did the OP not get that option?
Pages: [1]   Go Up