INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.189 Beta Available...  (Read 7026 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ 8.0.189 Beta Available...
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2002, 01:08:03 pm »

Ok, this one is no real biggy.  When printing the current playlist (File, Print), the title of the playlist does not appear in the header (it used to in v7).  The only thing that appears is:  Playlists.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2002, 01:12:13 pm »

When exportint a playlist to html, the headers don't match up with the content of the columns.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Bryan

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2002, 03:18:40 pm »

Here's some accumulated things I think would be nice to have..   Hope there's some interest for them..   There's one bug that's been in every build of 8.0 so far..  

========
Bug - In visualization mode / right click menu / Quick Play / Playlists - the resultant list isn't sorted at all.  Difficult to find the target playlist.  

1) When in or switching to playing now MJ should auto scroll to the song currently playing and keep the currently playing song in view,  preferably at the top of the list and the list should scroll already played songs off the top of the list out of view.    If I switch to "Display" then back to "Playlist" the current song isn't visible.

2) Would it be possible to add the "Locate File" menu selection to the right click menu when viewing a visualaization?

3) This one might be a bit weird..  Would it be possible to have an option to selectively hide individual playlists and a "show hidden playlists" menu option?   (example - I have a playlist called "replay gained" and I select this when I've ran replay gain analysis on a song.  I then create a smartlist that skips "replay gained" so that I have a resultant list of songs that need to be analyized.  I want to see the smartlist in tree view but do not need to see the "replay gained" playlist.

4) In File Properties, is it necessary to view smartlists?   You can't add a song to a smartlist like that anyway.

5)(Not sure this is a bug or by design).  In Track Info view, selecting "extra" and viewing the Playlists - this field seems to be a fixed length.  Can this be made MUCH bigger so I can see all the playlists a song is in?

6)Some way to see a count of the number of albums. I see total songs in the status bar but can't find a count for albums.  What about a database statistics dialog showing totals for songs, ablums, disk space, playtime, etc... ?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2002, 07:19:01 pm »

All track info templates except for 'dirt simple' and 'ugly' do not display the playlist information.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2002, 12:39:40 am »

2 things, maybe related. MJ set to utilize DSP with Izotope Ozone plug-in for WinAmp.

Initiate play, select properties for that file, edit, attempt to save changes, MJ freezes. Can escape only through Ctrl Alt Del. This was also a problem in earlier builds, I believe.

Attempt to replicate with DSP deselected, equalizer on. Ozone appears anyhow, then MJ error message indicating no audio playback device available, then MJ crashes.

Haven't yet uninstalled Ozone to see what effect that might have. Any reported issues with the Ozone plug-in?

HTH

Blaine

• Recent member
  • Software Engineer
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2002, 01:37:42 am »

Matt,

Regarding Diskwriter:

First, let me tell you that I am STARTING with a 44K 16bit stereo wave file and attempting to apply DSP effects to them and writing them out to another wave file.  

What I found yesterday was that for some reason it is important that the Artist be filled in on the Properties page for the track!  Also, you are quite correct, that until you exit MJ, the file remains locked.  I'll leave this one up to you to figure out why the artist needs to be filled in.  Incidentally, why wouldn't diskwriter follow the same basic naming conventions outlined on the File Naming and Location page?

Thanks,

Blaine

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2002, 05:16:53 am »

HTH<
I never could get Ozone to work in MJ at all. I installed it to MJ's plugin directory but no go. I ran it in Winamp and got interested but I uninstalled and then reinstalled in MJ but it never did anything. There is no .dll file of any kind.
That's right.
I'm cool.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2002, 05:50:56 am »

Blaine,

Diskwriter should unlock the files when it's done playing next build.  As for more advanced naming, we may do it, but we need to take care of the big, ugly stuff first.

--------------------------------------

Bryan,

>Bug - In visualization mode / right click menu / Quick Play / Playlists - the resultant list isn't sorted at all. Difficult to find the target playlist.

Will be fixed next build.

>1) When in or switching to playing now MJ should auto scroll to the song currently playing and keep the currently playing song in view, preferably at the top of the list and the list should scroll already played songs off the top of the list out of view. If I switch to "Display" then back to "Playlist" the current song isn't visible.

It does show the playing file when you switch to Playing Now from another view.  However, we don't make sure it's visible with each track change because if you're editing somewhere else in the list and the songs change, you'll lose your spot.  We could go either way -- what makes more sense?

>2) Would it be possible to add the "Locate File" menu selection to the right click menu when viewing a visualaization?

Well... maybe.  For now, just got the "Send To" in that we promised you a while back.  The reason it's a bit tricky is because the display menus are a totally different system from the rest of the menus in MJ.

>3) This one might be a bit weird.. Would it be possible to have an option to selectively hide individual playlists and a "show hidden playlists" menu option? (example - I have a playlist called "replay gained" and I select this when I've ran replay gain analysis on a song. I then create a smartlist that skips "replay gained" so that I have a resultant list of songs that need to be analyized. I want to see the smartlist in tree view but do not need to see the "replay gained" playlist.

Sounds a little confusing.  What if you nested hidden playlists a little more? (i.e. make a group called "Hidden" or something)

>4) In File Properties, is it necessary to view smartlists? You can't add a song to a smartlist like that anyway.

They shouldn't be there.  It's a bug if they are, but I don't see them on my machine.

>5)(Not sure this is a bug or by design). In Track Info view, selecting "extra" and viewing the Playlists - this field seems to be a fixed length. Can this be made MUCH bigger so I can see all the playlists a song is in?

You can always edit the html, or even make your own templates.  If you do, please send them our way.

>6)Some way to see a count of the number of albums. I see total songs in the status bar but can't find a count for albums. What about a database statistics dialog showing totals for songs, ablums, disk space, playtime, etc... ?

A lot of people have asked for this, so maybe we need to come up with something...

Thanks everyone.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2002, 06:06:13 am »

Minor requests regarding Visualization Studio:

1. Could there be a "Save As" button on the toolbar?

2. Could the "Save As" default directory be the correct directory? (i.e. Media Jukebox\Visualizations\ and then the type of Vis directory you're working from) It keeps wanting to save them in the same file as I save my ripped CD's.
That's right.
I'm cool.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2002, 06:54:41 am »

My submission of what I've found:

- CD & DVD files are shown in my Playlist group where I created a smartlist to exclude all files that have no genre
- In visualisations & is displayed as underscore (_) (also in Mini me)
- How can I see what filter I'm using to play without having to go the the options menu ?
- Is there a way to play random songs so it plays songs more often with rating 5 and less often songs with rating 1 ?
- Quick Play/Playlists are not in alphabetical order
- When importing via the right mouse button or because of putting them in a playlist, the files do not appear in  recently imported
- Can there be put a "select all" in the right mouse menu if in devices (my usb device)
- Is it possible to have the current TIME somewhere when in full screen mode ? (e.g. on the bottom bar in the right corner)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Bryan

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2002, 07:55:45 am »

Matt,

>1) It does show the playing file when you switch to Playing Now from another view. However, we don't make sure it's visible with each track change because if you're editing somewhere else in the list and the songs change, you'll lose your spot. We could go either way -- what makes more sense?

I see you're point.  Didn't think about that at the time I posted it.. But after some thought I still think it would be desirable to have the list in 'playing now' always keep up with the current song and preferably with it at top.  It's not that often that I'm editing a song at the very instance it changes songs, and even if I am, it's quite alright that it's not visible in the list when I'm done so long as it saves my edits..   When finished editing a song, I'm interested in the next one up anyway..

>2) Well... maybe. For now, just got the "Send To" in that we promised you a while back. The reason it's a bit tricky is because the display menus are a totally different system from the rest of the menus in MJ.

That makes sense.   Would be nice though if it were possible.  

>3) Sounds a little confusing. What if you nested hidden playlists a little more? (i.e. make a group called "Hidden" or something)

Bryan>  Actually I did just that as a workaround.  My thinkiing is that if certain playlists are used exclusively for library management and not to be used as a source of songs to play that they don't really need to be taking up screen real-estate.

>4) They shouldn't be there. It's a bug if they are, but I don't see them on my machine.

I'll doublecheck this.  I thought they were there the last time I looked.  

Bryan

urlybird

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2002, 08:54:13 am »

After installing MJ 8.0.189 I could not write any CD's. Get message indicating the plugin is downloaded
but the install fails.

Same thing of I go to the web page to download the MP3

MP3 Encoder  
Download:  MP3 Encoder  for MJ 8.0
Date:  1/22/2002
Version:  2.0.42
Info:  This plug-in is based on LAME encoder version 3.91. For more information please visit LAME home page.  

get message from package installer "Failed to install package"

Running MSIE 5.5, W2K Pro

urlybird

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2002, 08:58:04 am »

Is there anyway to prevent the downloading of Beta versions when you have "Check for Updates" set in
Settings | Options | Startup settings. Would be nice if there was a "not beta" option.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2002, 11:30:53 am »

in v7 I could rip and encode simultanously with mpc - that is a song was ripped to wav and then encoded to mpc while mj continued to rip the rest of the songs to wav and the encoder followed along.

In the first v.8's I had to deactivate the rip and encode simultanously to prevent a MJ error.

Now I dont have to deactivate that, BUT now MJ don't just continue to rip, but pauses until the encoder has done encoding, and then continues to rip one more song, and so on.

This can't be the idea? The time spent doing ripping and encoding is significantly prolonged this way comparing to the older versions (6 & 7) of MJ.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2002, 12:45:04 pm »

During digital playback I get pops and clicks. analog playback is fine.
This has not been the case (the digital errors) w. same drive in previous versions.
CDdrive is: PX-W2410A
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up