INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.189 Beta Available...  (Read 7025 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.189 Beta Available...
« on: January 25, 2002, 01:27:47 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.189 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Playlist in mini-me would flicker when moved.
2. Fixed: Skin Manager would not display correct name for metamorphis skins.
3. Fixed: Uninstall would not remove all files from MJ directory.
4. Fixed: In the CD burner, dragging files (or cut/paste) between virtual folders sometimes did not work.
5. NEW: Custom menus now work with the keyboard. (display mode menus)
6. Fixed: Custom menus would not properly detect multi-monitor desktop dimensions.
7. Fixed: After dragging data files from explorer into CD burning list, rearranging the track order could cause a crash.
8. NEW: Media Jukebox now responds to menu / app keystrokes. (especially useful in full-screen mode)
9. Changed: TV shows video sources as channels, instead of in options.
10. NEW: Added registration info to Vis Studio plug-ins.
12. Changed: Vis Studio Plug-in now have to be installed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
RE:MJ 8.0.189 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 03:13:42 pm »

Will You Put The "Paste" Back On Search Box Right Click!!!!

I Normaly Will Dbl Click On A Field (Artist) And Then Paste It To The Search Field.

Shift|PLS|Insert works But Right click and Paste Works Better For Me.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

navy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2002, 03:16:33 pm »

Hi, I just installed it and now, I am unable to get back mp3 or mp3 vbr encoding.  When I try to download and install plugin, I get a "failed to install package" message... Same thing with Lame Mp3...

Any idea or is this a beta bug ?

Thanks,

kitfox

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 03:32:36 pm »

>>>>>>When I try to download and install plugin, I get a "failed to install package" message...

I'm getting this same message.

System Info:
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.189

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1386 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000

Michael

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2002, 04:00:05 pm »

Were you able to install in the last build(s)?

HTH

kitfox

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2002, 05:28:25 pm »

personally, I wasn't able to successfully operate the last 3-4 8.0.xx builds at all. Volume control slider was greyed out out, got the "Cannot Create Media Jukebox Playback Control" error messages that others have received, and ape plugins wouldn't install, etc, no matter how many times I reinstalled, no matter how many different reinstall combinations that I tried, and no matter how many registry tweaks I tried. Now, with the latest build, the mp3 problem is all that seems to remain (although, the first time that I installed it I had the same problem as with the previous builds, but I installed/uninstalled MMJB, and then reinstalled MJ 8.0.1189, and it works!).

ZRocker

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2002, 05:35:31 pm »

Try clicking HERE and see if that works for installing the MJ8 MP3 Encoder.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2002, 06:23:23 pm »

==Vis Studio plug-ins.==

Where do you get them? They're not at the website linked to in the plug-in manager. All that's there are the old same olds that have been there a couple of years (Climax, Liss, Mocha, Etc.)

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 08:50:43 pm »

It appears that Microsoft has pulled a fast one and has changed the references in asx files from http:// to mms://. When 189 beta encounters an mms file, it goes into a hard loop that alt ctl del can't even break. You can test this out at http://www.klassikradio.de/live/klassikpowered20k.asx

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1000 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 149 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000
Maynard
(This space for rent)

quisp

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2002, 02:57:58 am »

I haven't been able to "copy" a CD for a few versions now. The problem seems to be encoding. If I rip and encode at the same time MJ8 hangs. If I rip and then encode MJ8 rips fine and then hangs on encoding. I'm using the MJ8 MP3 encoder VBR normal/high, but it doesn't seem to matter what encoding I use. I've tried multiple CD ROMs.

ZRocker

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2002, 04:56:52 am »

Bug related to Convert Format:
1. I tried to convert some MP3s from 192k bitrate to 56k using the builtin MP3 encoder (Lame) w/command-line options of '-b 56 -m m'. What MJ produced was MP3 files twice the size (time-wise...a 5 min song became 10 mins long, etc) and playing them back they were 1/2 the normal speed (sloooow motion). I used the same command-line options with the external encoder and Lame.exe v3.91 and the files were converted properly (as usual).

Update:
I tried using the builtin MP3 encoder w/o using command-line options (setting Normal and bitrate 56) and it worked fine.  Might be the -m m (mono) option that is screwing up MJ (somehow...).

Also:

1. Any way to fix the MP3 Encoder display when using Custom command-line options to not display the Quality (bitrate)? Because, the command-line options could have the bitrate in them and displaying the Quality after the MP3 Encoder (like 'MP3 Encoder 128KBps') is not correct. Something more appropriate like 'MP3 Encoder (Custom)' or 'MP3 Encoder ' would be nice.

ZRocker

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2002, 05:11:46 am »

I discoverd a bug while testing the Convert Format function and playing back the file (bug in Playing Now context window):

Try this:
1. Set 'Update Media Jukebox database' off (in Options > Converter Settings)
2. Use Convert Format on an imported MP3 file to convert to a lower bitrate (say 128)
3. Use Windows Explorer to add the converted MP3 to the Playing Now playlist (via right-click menu)
4. Play the converted MP3...stop...and delete the track from the Playing Now playlist
5. Delete the converted MP3 from the harddisk now (via Windows Explorer)
6. Use Convert Format on the same MP3 file again and convert to a different, lower bitrate (say 56)
7. Use Windows Explorer to add the converted MP3 to the Playing Now playlist
8. Here's the bug:  MJ uses some cached information to display the MP3 file's details (ex: file size) in the Playing Now content window, but the Player Window displays the correct information.  I suspect *all* Playing Now context window info is derived from cached info from the prior MP3's 'Add to Playing Now' action (because the filenames were exactly the same).

I noticed this bug first when testing the bug reported above about using Convert Format with command-line options and MJ producing files twice the length (time-wise) and half the speed (playback-wise)...I saw the time and file size displayed wrong in MJ's Playing Now content window (when I tested w/o using the command-line options and trying 'Normal' at 56kbps).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2002, 05:17:29 am »

When Changing The Track# on a bad mp3 MJ crashes, Helium tagger does not
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2002, 06:06:32 am »

Adding a song not imported into the database to "Playing Now" should not show view schemes for imported files as it does nothing. (Locate File)

Adding a file to a playlist -> Right click, Send To, Playlist, Create / Select Playlist..., CANCEL, adds any song (even unimported) to the end of "Playing Now". It also changes the drop target to "Playing Now - Add (to end)"

TJZJ

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2002, 06:36:38 am »

After removing a couple of files in my newly created playlist, they would re-appear again.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2002, 07:19:45 am »

Bug in Audio CD Burning:

1. I built a 16-track audio burn list (from imported MP3 files) and started the burn process...while the 1st track in the list was playing in MJ.  MJ burned the Audio CD and gave no errors...success.  Only, the audio CD created was corrupt because the 1st track did not burn correctly (burned as a zero-length file, I think).  Any attempt to play the CD back in MJ would cause MJ to crash...the CDPlayer.INI entry for the newly created CD was currupt (garbage as well).  I was able to play the CD back in my portable CD player...but playback started from Track #2 (#1 was missing/corrupt).  I guess MJ's burner has a problem burning tracks that are currently being played back in MJ (ie, unable to access the MP3 file).

2. How are you supposed to use the Repeat Previous Burn option if the CD burn buttons (Start, Cancel, and Opitons) are hidden after each burn (ie, you can't access Repeat Previous Burn unless you start another burn list).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2002, 07:27:40 am »

Sometimes When Changing Visuals when music is playing MJ will crash

ATI All In Wonder Radeon 32meg

CPU: Intel Pentium III 696 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 176 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation 5.0  (Build 2195)

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2002, 01:13:10 pm »

Charlemagne 8,

Currently here is only one plug-in for Vis Studio ( create by us ). There is Vis Studio SDK on our Developers Zone page, which anybody (with knowlage of C|PLS||PLS|) can use to create the plug-ins.

Nikolay

Hvy Duty

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2002, 02:44:34 pm »

I still have problems when the song ends MJ crashes, when going to the next one in the playlist.  I don't want to be rude but don't tell me my sound card needs new drivers or a microsoft problem. I went back and loaded data becker MP3 in and it plays a playlist also creative, real jukebox plus (had to reload that back in)windows media 7.1, musicmatch, blaze pro they all play the playlist MJ crashes when the song ends if you catch it before it ends you can go to the next song and play the whole playlist you just can't let it end on it's own.

Hvy Duty

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2002, 02:50:51 pm »

Also uninstalled 3 times and opened file from web site saved file and tried to reinstall

Kerensky

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2002, 03:22:50 pm »

I've noticed a couple of problems in the new build:

1. In mini-me mode, the playlist still flickers sometimes when moved. At least I notice it with the "Saona" skin.

2. Whenever in mini-me mode, MJ will stop playing when the track in a playlist in finished instead of playing the next track in the playlist. This happens whether the playlist is started in mini-me mode, or if it is started in mega-me mode and then switched to mini-me mode. Playlist play fine in mega-me mode though.

Harry the Hipster

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2002, 03:53:03 pm »

Kerensky:

Best regards to Prince Lvov. And keep an eye on whoever gets off at the Finland Station.

HTH

Brook

MJ 8.0.189 Beta Bug
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2002, 04:17:48 pm »

This beta seems to fix a number of problems; however it also appears to have added a bug (since .180).  When I try to download cover artwork, the download window just hangs.  I can click cancel, and it will usually cancel out within a minute or two without crashing, but there's no way to download cover artwork.

dragyn

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2002, 04:24:00 pm »

Hmmm...The slider likes to go off the track and hide to the right side of the screen when playing mp3s that haven't finished d/l'ing.

It's keeps going and going and...gone!

I thought it was rather amusing myself.

Geoff

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2002, 05:20:42 pm »

Hi,
Just upgraded from 7.2.280 to 8.0.189 beta
some observations.....
1.Still can't get cdplayer.ini info into MJ, appears to only access cddb. Can there be an option so that MJ can be forced to obtain info from cdplayer.ini instead of cddb. I have a large amount of info in my .ini file that I can't get into MJ. Other programs seem to be able to access it.
Stop press!! think I may have found the problem: The cd player ini will only hold a certain amount of album? when I looked at it it had 64kb in it. When I exported to it from my Collectorz database it increased to 495kb, and I daresay next time I start up the computer it will be back to 64kb, atleast that's what I think is happening. Anyone else?

2. Although I have 30 days left in my trial period, when I try to use the downloaded mp3 encoder it tells me that my time has expired?

3. Not a bug: In cd labeller, do we have to have the MJ logo on the spine of the cd as well? It looks pretty average in black & white on my basic printer.
Great program
regards.
Geoff

Ton-Up

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2002, 10:58:05 pm »

Ok I think this qualifies as a bug
I've just ripped four CDs my son got for xmas but there has been a bit of a problem. Every CD I ripped had two or three tracks that MJ failed to import, it ripped them and encoded them but then failed to import and so deleted them. If I then re rip the missing tracks MJ does the job fine. I've ripped a couple of hundred albums with MJ and have only had problems with about six tracks, which I knew were damaged anyway.

JollyJim

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2002, 01:37:35 am »

Hi Geoff

3. Not a bug: In cd labeller, do we have to have the MJ logo on the spine of the cd as well? It looks pretty average in black & white on my basic printer

From the cd burn options, choose the full label editor. Click on the spine logo in order to select it and then click on the graphics button on the upper toolbar. This will then give you the option to 'delete image' which will take you to Nirvanah (the place - not the group !!)

Good luck - Jim

JollyJim

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2002, 02:15:07 am »

JohnT
This prob originally posted in 188 but it's closed for any further postings so have dragged it over here. Thanks for replying and I understand what you're saying. I have'nt got any great ideas for you, but if I explain what I use data burns for, maybe it'll help.

Firstly, it's used for backing up my music tracks to cdr/w's. At the mo, I've got about 700 tracks so can fit them on about 5 or 6 cdr/w's which is'nt too much of a prob (it might be for KingS !! but suits me at the mo). My tracks are filed under C:Music\artist\album so it would suit me fine if I could just drop them onto the cd under artist\album

Secondly, I do a lot of digital photography and each time I download a new lot from the camera to the pc, I file them under C:Windows\Desktop\Images\folderxxxxxxx\ (where folderxxxxx is a unique desc of the photo session). What I would like, is to drag 'folderxxxx' to the burn window, including the files within it, and output it to 'folderxxxx' on the cd. At the moment, I can't drag a folder to the cd burn window so I have to drag them as individual files. Then if I go to 'rearrange cd folders, and play around, the nearest I can get to an ouput cd folder is E:Windows\Desktop\Images\folderxxxx\. Now, this ain't the end of the world and I can live with it as it stands 'cos I'm more than happy that I can do all of my playing around in just the MJ application and can now get rid of Adaptec. But, a bit more control of :-
a. being able to drag folders into the cd burn window, and
b. being able to name the output folders
would be more than gratefully received. Personally, I'll be using data burns a lot more when it's finally finished - backing up letters, emails etc etc - the price of cdr/w's is low enough to make it a viable proposition. I know I can do all the bits and bobs I want from various apps, but I'd much rather have them all in one place - I don't want to be clever in lots of apps, only one - if you take my point.

Hope that helps - thanks - Jim

ORIGINAL POSTING IN 188 :-
Problems with data burn -
1. Go to data burn/options/rearrange cd folders and select artist/album

2. drag a few tracks into the cd burn list from explorer

3. note that there is no destination folder mentioned under folder

4. repeat step1

5. the output folders now appear

Also --

If you try to rearrange the order of output files in the burn list by dragging, MJ crashes

Jim
JollyJim-
The first problem you mention is really by design in Media Jukebox. When you drag files into the CD burning window, it assumes you want the files to go to whatever tree folder is currently selected. So if the root folder is selected and you drag files in, they will go into the root folder. If you then click "rearrange data folders" and select (or re-select) "album/artist", they will be rearranged into those folders. I know it's a little confusing because the "rearrange folders" menu option has a checkmark next to "album/artist" so you think it's always in that "mode", but it's just showing the last rearrange option you chose. Suggestions on how to make this clearer are welcome.

The second problem you mentioned will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

JollyJim

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2002, 02:21:37 am »

Scub
I dragged this one over from 188 -

>>>Don't know what you mean by different version of 'scope' but I did these changes in Clean-n-Tidy 1 and 2 under Collage. Before I changed it was "[Cover_Art]". Removing the brackets and putting it in all caps seemed to work for me. It has to be all CAPS to work right<<<

I think I got my knickers in a twist somewhere but it's sorted now - cover art being displayed ok

Thanks a lot - Jim

JollyJim

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2002, 02:26:53 am »

Anyone seen this one before - I seem to have lost the first word from the track title on some tracks. I can't see any pattern as to which ones and don't know if this happened in 189 or before or whether in fact, it's something stoooopid that I've done myself

Jim

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2002, 02:32:01 am »

Geoff:

Not familiar with the issues, so have more questions than answers. Apologies in advance for anything that should be self-evident.

Hadn't thought about moving data from Collectorz to MJ, but seems you can. I used Collectorz to catalogue my library; most of the files are not on my hard drive. So, consistent with MJ's scheme, I'd like to move them into the CD&DVD folder in the media view. (CDs I scan in using CDDB only appear there, not in the main library.)

When you export to cdplayer.ini from Collectorz and then reimport into MJ, where does the data go: the main library? CD&DVD? What's the appropriate file type for the data in cdplayer.ini - one of the playlists?  Is there any way to direct the data to CD&DVD, not the main library?

Thanks for yr input - regrets I couldn't provide any of my own.

HTH

JollyJim

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2002, 03:02:52 am »

Ton up

Yeah, I've had this problem a coupla times. Each time it's been because the ripped track has had some invalid data within it. The tracks would play ok but would refuse to be converted or burnt. Each time, I deleted the offending tracks and reripped and then they were ok. I'm not sure this is an MJ problem - it could be as simple as a spike on the voltage, dust on the cd etc etc etc

Jim

JollyJim

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2002, 03:05:10 am »

Ton up

Sorry, forgot this bit - maybe your cd lens needs cleaning?

Jim

dragyn

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2002, 03:08:34 am »

Replay gain setting sometimes doesn't get saved to mp3 files. I would assume Custom fields, Album Artist don't also.

If you open a mp3 that doesn't have id3v2 tags but have "support extended fields" checked and edit all the info, and click save, then the id3v2 tag is created. When doing everything including replay gain, the info isn't stored cause it thinks it's id3v1. Once it sees it is v2 before the change, it will store the info but you can't do it all at one time.

JollyJim

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2002, 04:37:24 am »

Trying to download version 2.0.25 MP3 Plugin

Settings/plugin manager shows my MP3 plugin as being version 1.1 The buttons for 'About' and 'Configure' are greyed out. If I try to download the latest MP3 plugin, I get a  'Destination file in use' and 'Cannot continue' message at the end of the download. I get this message whether MJ is up and running or not. Any ideas anyone please ??

thanks - Jim

Deathrider

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2002, 10:04:48 am »

Hello all. In the last few beta's I have lost the surround sound in MJ, I still have it in Windows MP. also when listening to music with Windows MP the volume is good but when I switch to MJ the volume is realy low and I need to crank up all my settings.

Thanks

Robert

Matthias

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2002, 10:14:39 am »

MJ crashes sometimes after extended use or just sitting there in the background doing nothing for 6|PLS| hours.

Geoff

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2002, 03:28:24 pm »

To Harry The Hipster,
Exactly right. Export from Collectorz (Music Collector) to cd player.ini and then MJ SHOULD be able to read the basic information of artist/album/track title. The problem is, it's not doing it. I also use Cdex which is able to read the cdplayer.ini file. Interestingly Cdex does give a menu option of reading from the ini file.  Mj seems to rely on getting it from cddb and currently ignores the ini file (at least on my computer anyway). Pehaps one of the MJ people can tell us if there is currently a problem in reading the ini file as my cd collection info all appears in the ini file but unless i'm online to get Cddb all I get is track 1, track 2 etc and under devices "Audio Cd (16) etc.
The info seems to get automatically transferred from "Devices" to Main Library |PLS|CD & DVD.  Problem with this is that you end up with myriad generic named cds in the library. Suggestion: Why not give an option to export or not export the cd info to the main library?
Regards,
Geoff

Media Jukebox  8.0.189

CPU: Centaur Unknown 668 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 97 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 44 %, GDI - 70 %, User - 44 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.10

Geoff

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2002, 03:43:01 pm »

On my last point: seems I should have changed the view scheme to get album/artist details under CD&DVD - my mistake. I will need to explore a bit more to understand all options. It's really just not being able to get my large collection of blues cds out of the ini file which is frustratiing.  Any ideas? or will this be fixed in a future release?
rgrds
Geoff

ZRocker

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2002, 04:02:01 am »

Bugs:

1. MJ's Mini-mi support for Winamp skins is bugged.  I'm using the Media Jukebox skin (from 7.2) and MJ 8.0 can not consistantly display it correctly.  If I place the Mini-me player window and playlist window in rolled-up mode and edge-to-edge (docked), MJ can not re-display the Mini-me windows correctly after return to Mega-me (places the windows overlapping each other by about an inch).  If I place the player window, playlist window and EQ window edge-to-edge in restored (non-rolled-up) mode, MJ really screws up trying to re-display them (after Mega-me)...the playlist window was drawn off the top of the screen with about 1/8 inch showing (for example).  I'm not fond of the new Silly-me skins (ie, those odd-shaped, over-sized skins) in 8.0 Mini-me and would like to continue using Winamp-style skins (if possible).

2. While perusing (cycling thru) all the visualizations in 8.0, MJ would crash about every 5th or 6th time I changed visualizations.  No particular visualization was the bad guy...seemed that any would crash MJ.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2002, 06:13:28 am »

MJ will not play .mov files. When I drag and drop a *.mov file onto the Playing Now window, MJ tries to access the Real Player site.  Why would MJ need Real Player files to play a QuickTime movie?  The same file will play in the QuickTime player.

ZRocker

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2002, 06:41:42 am »

Bug:

1. After using Media File Properties to update tag info for tracks in Playing Now, the Playing Now Contents windows is not updated upon clicking Save (on MFP dialog).  You have to press F5 [Refresh] to force an update of the window's contents.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2002, 06:52:18 am »

LCtheDJ> MJ uses WMP's video playback engine. In the past, WMP supported Quicktime. It no longer does, and thus, neither does MJ.

I've asked about the possibility of using Quicktime's engine for Quicktime support. IIRC, the response was that the last time they looked into it, it looked to be a royal PITA, but that they'd look into it again. Let's keep our fingers crossed. If they can do it, MJ really will be an all-in-one solution.

Then, if I can just figure out how to play these darn AVI's that I created with AverMedia's USB TV Tuner, I'd be all set. Next Page
The last time I checked, their software didn't seem to work correctly under XP.

Matthias

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2002, 07:50:05 am »

Windows 2000 SP2

Leaving MJ on, but not running, overnight crashes MJ after ~5 hours.  I leave it in SHOOB mini-me skin.  Could it be the skin?

Mr_X

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2002, 08:20:41 am »

Downloaded MJ8.0.189, and have some issues with the new way the eq is handled.

1. When I create a custom eq and name it, how do I make changes to that preset (over-write it)? It seems I have to load it, change it, add it and delete the old one. There should be an overwrite button too.
2. The eq settings get screwed up going to a mini-me skin. The "Rotor" skin shows the "EQ10" fader as -12db, even though it's actually 0db. The other 2 skins show the preamp setting at 0db and all the other faders (EQ1 - EQ10) down about -3db, even though they are not in the Mega-Me. The tooltips show EQ1, EQ2, etc., rather than the helpful "80Hz, -3db" tips that are shown in the mega-me. Just had a thought... Maybe these skins are winamp skins and are not 100% compatible??
3. Is there no way to have an option to have the eq shown all the time as it was in MJ7.2?

-Andy

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2002, 09:09:23 am »

>1. After using Media File Properties to update tag info for tracks in Playing Now, the Playing Now Contents windows is not updated upon >clicking Save (on MFP dialog). You have to press F5 [Refresh] to force an update of the window's contents.

What field are you editing?  I can't reproduce this...

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2002, 09:29:50 am »

What field are you editing? I can't reproduce this...

Matt,

I noticed this first after using 'Fill Track Number from List Order'...I definitely saw the track #s column not update.  I didn't pay attention to the other fields I updated.  I hope that helps.

Blaine

• Recent member
  • Software Engineer
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2002, 09:37:39 am »

1.  I don't seem to be able to create a decent wave file with DiskWriter.  Generates a file of the correct size but loads a lot of nothing in Cool Edit pro.  Also, won't play with MJB.

2.  Playback using 24 bit does not seem to work (I have a Darla24).  Don't waste a lot of time on this one!  Just thought that you may want to know.

CPU: AMD K6 2 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 90 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902

Hvy Duty

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2002, 11:00:06 am »

When you are in the playlist and you use the skip to next song in the player window it will not work you can use back and it will go back to a song then you use next and it will jump to the next song the one you went back from. You then try to use next will not go to the next song is this my problem or a bug.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2002, 11:05:34 am »

>Diskwriter

Does stopping / closing MJ make any difference.  Maybe the file is still locked.  Also, are you outputting at 16 or 24 bit?

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up