INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compilation album correction  (Read 1569 times)

4N6

Compilation album correction
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:26:40 am »

After importing into JR20, some of my compilation albums split apart into multiple albums with only a single artist each, while others stay together as a single album. In looking at the tags I can't seem to find a difference between them that would account for this. How do I get my separated compilation albums back together again...or are they Humpty Dumptied?!?   :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Compilation album correction
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:28:33 am »

Set the Album Artist to a value for all the files in the same album.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

4N6

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:05 pm »

The compilation discs have various artists. Some of my multiple artist CD's are kept intact and found within the (Multiple Artists) section of my library, while others get split apart into separate albums by artist. In looking at the Tags between the "kept together" CD's and the spilt apart CD's, I can't seem to find a difference.

Help!   :P

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:24:45 pm »

There are two separate tags: "Artist" and "Album Artist."  Look at the "Album Artist" tags on a split album and a "kept together" album  and you will see a difference. 

On a compilation the tracks will have a different "Artist," but if you want them to be displayed together as one album they all need to have the same "Album Artist" (which should likely be set to "(Multiple Artists)").

4N6

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 12:38:38 pm »

Found that section. Tried to change the Album Artist (auto) from the artist to (Multiple Artists). I hit enter (or another field), and it reverts right back to the original setting. Is there a way to allow for editing?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:06:58 pm »

Found that section. Tried to change the Album Artist (auto) from the artist to (Multiple Artists). I hit enter (or another field), and it reverts right back to the original setting. Is there a way to allow for editing?
You need to modify 'Album Artist', not 'Album Artist (auto)'.  (auto) is a calculated field and you can't edit the contents directly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up