INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipc file destroys the Playing Now playlist  (Read 1098 times)

Xenobea

Ipc file destroys the Playing Now playlist
« on: December 09, 2014, 04:49:27 am »

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that I'm having since I upgraded to Media Center 20.  I finally settled earlier this year on this product as the only reasonable replacement to my previous media player/organiser and it was working pretty well until I made the mistake of thinking I should upgrade!

According to the wiki help file, the Playing Now playlist is supposed to be saved in between sessions.  In my experience using v. 19 it was rarely saved but at least remained active during a single session, and it would occasionally be there the next session.  In case it's not obvious, having this Playing Now list stable over a longer period would be greatly appreciated so I could "store" my favourite songs; but no matter if it refuses to stay.  Having it active over a single session would allow me to view/update tags, sort, categorise and rename my audio files, and switch between two to four similar/identical files to compare them.  Which is in fact what I even want this program at all for; if I only wanted to play a single file I could easily do so in a different program.

However, now I find that when I play a song (which I do in the background while browsing in Firefox or typing in Word or Excel), as soon as I switch back to Media Center whatever I play is just gone; the playlist has been replaced with Ipc, which doesn't appear to do anything except destroy Playing Now (and I really just want to look at the songs I've chosen to play, not the useless Ipc track).

So, my questions in short:
How do I get rid of Ipc?  I have no interest in it. 
And how can I keep a stable Playing Now playlist at least over a single session if not over multiple sessions?

Bonus question:  how can I get it to simply add a new file to the end of the queue instead of switching to it as soon as I send it on to the playlist? 

Just FYI I always open my files from a Windows folder, not from inside Media Centre.

Boring stuff:
JRiver Media Center 20.0.47
Windows 7 Home Premium
Let me know if you want to know anything else boring, or interesting.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ipc file destroys the Playing Now playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:31:48 am »

In Windows control panel sound settings disable the MC audio device (aka WDM driver)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Xenobea

Re: Ipc file destroys the Playing Now playlist
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »

thank you, that took care of that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up