INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plextor 24/10/40A IDE burner  (Read 1915 times)

Sheltonleslie

Plextor 24/10/40A IDE burner
« on: January 25, 2002, 08:27:12 am »

MJ was working fine with my 12/10/32 burner and after I upgraded the app crashes when I try to open the burner settings. I have tried the ver 8 beta and uninstalled and cleaned the registry etc. Then did a clean install of MJ and I still have the same problem
win2k / 512 ram
When I upgraded I didn't install anymore software, like the plex manager etc. the error is generic...just says media jukebox has caused and error and will close. Only happens when I try to burn or look at the burner settings. I have checked for winCD files on the system and made sure autorun is off.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Plextor 24/10/40A IDE burner
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 10:29:28 am »

We've had a few reports like this and I'm not sure what's going on. Seems like our Goldenhawk burning library is not working on some systems. If you feel comfortable editing the registry, try making these changes which should force MJ to never access the Goldenhawk library:

Look for your CD burner under this registry folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\CD Writer
the folder for your burner will be named with the drive letter followed by
the drive name (like D: PLEXTOR CD-R ...)
Look in this registry folder and set the value of the key "GHSupported" to
0 (zero), and set the value of "LibraryPreference" to 1.
Then restart Media Jukebox and let us know if it works any better.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Sheltonleslie

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2002, 03:48:57 pm »

I'm very comfortable in the registry so no problem there. There is no key for the writer just a key for the reader. BOth in regedit and regedit32 (win2K) So can you send me a generic reg key that I can import and edit or??
This is after several uninstalls and reinstalls etc. I have the 7.2 installed now and would like to get it to work before attempting another upgrade.

Shelton

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 08:48:54 pm »

OK, the key doesn't show up till you look in the settings and pick the CD burner. Then I did the edit and the dang thing changes back as soon as I go back into settings and check the burner properties. Then it errs out and closes the frigging app again. I go back to the reg and check the entry and it's gone back to a 1 instead of the 0 I entered before. What now? This is with 7.2 and the latest download from the ftp site.

Shelton

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 11:18:41 am »

Bump

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 11:28:30 am »

I can't tell whether you've tried version 8.  If not, please try it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Shelton

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2002, 11:31:58 am »

Yes..I tried the latest download form the ftp link here at the forum. This one will let me open the CDRW settings window before it crashes then as soon as I try to record or click on detect the burner it crashes and returns the reg entry to 1 instead of a 0 in the golden hawk setting.

Shelton

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2002, 03:25:52 pm »

Why would the reg entry keep reverting to a 1 for the Golden Hawk support? Any other ideas or areas you think might help. I noticed that when I first install the latest ver. that there is not a reg key till I click on the CD burner settings then and the app crashes then closes. I go into the registry and do the two edits and then I can click on the settings without a crash but as soon as I try to detect or try to burn a playlist is crashes then closes.

Shelton

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 05:32:44 pm »

Do you guys have a debug app I could run on the system to see what the problem is with the Plextor and MJB? I am about out of ideas to try.

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2002, 04:53:18 am »

Email me at johnt@jriver.com and I'll send you a debug version of the cdwriter control.

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Dave

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2002, 10:10:30 pm »

I am having a similar problem now that I am trying the new beta.  I can select the writer (HP 9100) and I can hit detect with no problems.  I f i hit the burn CD button, the selection menu of data or music CD pops up.  Upon selecting either one MJ closes to the media scheduler in sys-tray.  No error message, just disappears.  The same thing happens when I go to the "Devices" the main menu.  I can select devices and it will show the contents of the drive, but if I select the actual drive, MJ crashes.

Shelton

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2002, 06:47:45 am »

bump

SLeslie

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2002, 07:07:36 am »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up