INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7.2 mini-me Playlist buttons/window - do they work  (Read 1138 times)

AndrewD

7.2 mini-me Playlist buttons/window - do they work
« on: January 25, 2002, 07:27:03 am »

Hi ....

I'm new to MJ, and have searched the forum for an answer to this, but could not find it, so I'm posting:

In mini-me mode, the playlist component has on the bottom (going left to right) 4 buttons, a window with tiny playback controls in the lower left, and a 5th button.

The left most button opens a dialogue box to "Select Media File"
2nd from left: removes any selected files from "playing now" list
3rd from left: selects entire "playing now" list
4th from left: doesn't seem to do anything
window: other than tiny playback controls, window is empty, except for a ":" which seems to indicate that some kind of time function should be showing up in the window
5th button (all the way on the right): doesn't seem to do anything.

Can someone tell me if this is the way these are supposed to perform....  

I am running Windows 2000, and have MJ 7.2.280

Thanks!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:7.2 mini-me Playlist buttons/window - do they work
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 03:28:46 pm »

Andrew,
There are a lot of mini skins.  Which one are you using?  Did you try others?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

AndrewD

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 06:06:26 pm »

Jim:

I have tried about a dozen - all of them, including the two that come pre-loaded with the product, exhibit the behavior I indicated above.

I am in the process of reinstalling 7.2.280 from scratch - with help from Doof I have cleared the uninstall hurdle I was facing in my other post.  I will let you know if that solves the problem.

But, can I infer from your reply that the non-functional buttons and window that I am observing should be doing something?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 06:14:44 pm »

I haven't used 7.2 in a while, but I can say this.

mini-me skins are Winamp skins (I'm sure you've noticed that), and not all of the buttons did exactly what they did in Winamp (or anything at all).

I just fired Winamp up to see what the buttons you're referring to are. The 4th one you mention (Misc) doesn't do anything in MJ and neither did the 5th. In Winamp, those buttons contain controls that are specific to Winamp's playlist handling. As far as I know, they were never implemented in MJ.

The ":" you mention is supposed to be a time counter. Is that not working in MJ? I'm not sure if it was either implemented either. The main player window has time displays in it that do, though.

If you're brave, give the 8 betas a try. Not everything works as it should, but the skinning engine is much nicer (it does free-form skins much like Sonique, RealJukebox and WMP). It still supports the Winamp skins, but I'm not sure if any of the buttons or displays are any different than they are in 7.2. If you don't want to deal with all of the bugs (and who can blame you? - although most aren't showstopping anymore) just stick with 7.2.280 and know that the mini-me skins aren't 100% functional (meaning that not all of the controls do anything).

AndrewD

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 09:02:38 am »

Thanks ..... I have officially stopped worrying about the non-functioning buttons and the blank window in mini-me skins.

I (briefly) tried upgrading to MJ 8.0.195 - it gave me a "can't create playback control" error as soon as I tried to play a song (wma format).  It also shut itself down if I tried to go into mini-me mode.  Since I clearly do not have the technical chops to give good feedback on the beta versions, I am falling back to 7.2.280 which seems to work (mostly) ok.

Thanks for your help ..... and PS: no ice diving for me - I am a warm weather wimp!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 09:33:35 am »

Get yourself a nice drysuit and you won't even notice the difference! Next Page

8.0.195 was broken. It doesn't usually do that. Next Page

Maybe you could try tonight's build (if there is one tonight). It'll probably run better.

As for the cannot create playback control message... that's been brought up a lot in here with the version 8 betas. I've never had that happen to me, so I don't know what the cause is, but I think there have been a few solutions batted around in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up