INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: minimum hardware for MJ? Multiple copies required for networked comps?  (Read 513 times)

Wendy Lollipop

Hi there all,

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to run MJ  on a 486 with win95? Tee "features" section of the web page says that it will run under win95, but doesn't mention whether it requires a pentium or higher processor or anything else about hardware (ie how much ram would be needed?).

A second Question: I have a small LAN at home and I would like to use a win95 computer with a soundcard to actually play the mp3s out the sound card and into an amp, but I'd like this win95 computer, which only has a small hard-drive, to be able to access mp3 files from my much better (and larger hard-drived) computer in another room.

I think that the media server feature of MJ should do this ok; my question is, since the instructions for using the media server feature require that MJ be installed on each computer involved, does this mean I have to buy two copies of MJ or can I buy one and install it on more than one locally networked computer?

Thanks heaps

Wendy Langer
Pages: [1]   Go Up