INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver recording channel other then whats set  (Read 5058 times)

dreamreamer

• Recent member
JRiver recording channel other then whats set
« on: December 13, 2014, 09:36:31 pm »

Windows 8.1 + all updates
HD Homerun 2 tuner (using 20141210 software/firmware)
JRiver Media Center 20.0.47
Wired network

I am having problems with jriver not recording the correct channel. I have my channels set up in the HD Homerun software including; guide number, guide name, and enabled. JRiver found all the channels and I matched them up with the program guide. When I click on the channel in the channel list, that correct channel opens and shows.

When I set some programs to record, some will record correctly (correct channel) but some will record another channel. The final record file will always have the correct show + episode in the filename, but its like it just recorded another channel. This seems to be random with about a 50/50 mix of it happening.

Some background; I had jriver 19 and 20 working on a pc for the last year with no problems at all. Started having some problems with the pc and formatted and reinstalled 8.1 & all updates. This happened. I had another computer, and figured I would just use that as it was smaller/less power. I formatted & installed 8.1 + all updates and same thing. I took a third pc to see what would happen and again formatted and installed 8.1 + all updates and same thing again. I am using the latest jriver in the downloads section and have it as a trial.

Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: JRiver recording channel other then whats set
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:36:53 am »

The next time it happens, capture a log file and send it to me.  yaobing at jriver dot com

Are you saying it is random even for the same channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »

It seems to be very random, but now does it most of the time. The only thing that has really changed is that I am using the latest drivers/firmware from HD Homerun. It happened to me just now, heres what I did.

-I saw that American Pickers was allready showing in the program guide, and want to record it.
-Clicked on the "program" and it brought up the tv show full screen. (I verified that the program guide was correct.)
-Exited out of JRiver
-Opened jriver
-Reset log
-Set the rest of the program to record
-After the program was done recording I opened up and it was showing a different channel
-Went back to jriver and again opened it under the "program" and the correct channel showed up. (again verified that the program guide was correct.)
-Saved log, posted here, and sent to you

Im lost at this one. I tried on 3 different computers all with fresh install + updates.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:14:39 pm »

Thanks for the log.

Please also send me the following:

1. C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Library\tvrecording.xml

2. A log of just playing the same channel from the guide (i.e. not recording, just choose the currently showing program, and click Watch, on the same channel (History Channel?)).

I will have a closer look tomorrow.

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:36:53 pm »

I deleted it after I posted...I had to run another test. This time I saw there was a few minutes left of "Family Guy" on Fox. I cleared the log, set it to start now and end a few in a minutes. When it did, I opened the file and the HSN (home shopping network) recorded. I dont even have that channel enabled in the HD Homerun software.

I then cleared the log, and clicked on the program and it opened full screen and showed the fox channel (as it should). I saved the log.

Filelist:

(set recorder) JRiver Log 2014-12-14 21-28-10.zip -- Cleared log and set the recorder to record now and end 4 minutes early.
(Watched Show) JRiver Log 2014-12-14 21-31-07.zip -- Cleared log and double clicked on the program, which brought up the channel live (and the correct channel)
Family Guy - Christmas Guy 2014-12-14_ts_JRSidecar.zip -- The xml in the record directory
tvrecording.zip -- The file at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Library\tvrecording.xml

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »

I see what the problem is, but not sure what the solution can be yet.

When MC tuned to a channel, the tuner tuned correctly.  Then we try to get the parameters of the channel, which we got mostly, but somethings came up empty.

Code: [Select]
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: Start
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: short_name: WTXF-29
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: reserved: 15
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: major_channel_number: 58
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: minor_channel_number: 6
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: modulation_mode: 0x3
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: carrier_frequency: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: channel_TSID: 0x0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: program_number: 0x6
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: ETM_location: 0x0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: access_controlled: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: hidden: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: reserved: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: reserved: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: hide_guide: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: reserved: 7
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: service_type: 0x2
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: source_id: 3479
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: reserved: 63
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: descriptors_length: 0
0028047: 2332: TV: CVirtualChannel::OutputDebugInfo: Finish (0 ms)

descriptors_length: 0 -  this was supposed to give us info about audio and video streams.  Nothing came up.

As a result, we ended up not being able to filter out unwanted streams.  So your .ts recording actually contained not only the channel you wanted to record, but also other channels.  When we played the recording, there was no way of picking which streams to play, and we ended up playing a different program.

I will look for things to do in order to work around this problem.  In the mean time you could check whether you have set up HDHomeRun correctly.  For example, for "Main Application", did you select "J River Media Center" on HDHomeRun Setup program?  Maybe you can do some tweaking there?

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:48:34 pm »

I have jriver set as the main program. Also I have InjectCVCT as it would not find channels otherwise. I have been using JRiver for the last year and it worked great, but now something must have changed. I did install my copy of JRiver v19, and got the same results. One of my computers has HD Homerun software v20141107 (a month older then what I have for my test log that I gave you), and still got the same results.

Im trying a few others things, including trying to get some much older hd homerun drivers to try. I dont think I can downgrade firmware though. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 07:55:36 pm »

Please try the following DLL (download, unzip, and copy into MC20 installation folder).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckdrgf5q00bsw3x/JRTelevision.rar?dl=0

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 08:51:50 pm »

I copied it over.

JRiver opens as normal when I double click on it

When I went to record something, I got this error (attached). Now each time I open the program I get the error and cannot go anywhere.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »

Too bad.  We will have to wait for a new build to come out in order to test this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 10:03:37 am »

It turns out, the error you got was due to incompatibility of the DLL with MC20.0.47 that you were using.  If you install MC20.0.48 (available from MC20 board), you should be able to test the DLL.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »

Build 49 is out, but it would be the same as build 48, i.e. without the changes I made.  You can use either 48 or 49 with the DLL that I linked above.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »

Build 49 is out, but it would be the same as build 48, i.e. without the changes I made.  You can use either 48 or 49 with the DLL that I linked above.

Build 49 bumps the version again.  Sorry for any trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dreamreamer

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:15 pm »

I got build 48 installed. I only had time to record 3 shows, but all 3 recorded correctly. Filesize was also much much smaller then before indicating that it only recorded only 1 channel. Im recording more shows tonight, and will update if I have any problems. Thank you!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 07:24:31 pm »

Build 49 bumps the version again.  Sorry for any trouble.

I don't think you caused any trouble, Matt.  I was just saying I did not submit my changes quick enough to make it into build 49.  My posted DLL can work with either 49 or 48.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 04:50:30 am »

i have similar issues when recording certain channels i get 2 recordings. Next time it happens i will send a log
Pages: [1]   Go Up