INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Won't Find Files Loaded Various Ways  (Read 5896 times)

davedcawley

Player Won't Find Files Loaded Various Ways
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:28:40 am »

I've tried loading certain albums I have with the Pono software onto both the player and the SD card from my laptop's drive. I've tried side loading and then loading the albums FROM the player and the SD card. Everytime it went through the process of transferring the files, tells me it's successful, then when I unplug the player and it scans the the library, it refuses to find and show the albums or the songs. All songs are in FLAC format and will play fine from either my laptop or from the pono player or the SD card in the Pono software and various other media software. Any ideas what I can do?

After a week of messing around with various ways to try to get the player to recognize the file, including removing all music files from both the
player and the SD card and then reloading them, at this point when I click on the player or the SD card in the Pono software it says "working" and then hangs until I give up and unplug the pono player. Can I just delete the library file and have it rebuild? If so, what file is it?

yetrsan

Re: Player Won't Find Files Loaded Various Ways
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:33:54 pm »

I have the same problem. The computer says it is loaded in Pono Music on the Mac it says the files have been transferred and when looking at the Pono Player directory on the computer, says the files have been transferred, but the files are not on the Pono Player. Any idea on how to fix this?

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:04:12 pm »

I would recommend opening a ticket with Pono Support - I have had a similar issues with some AIF and AIFF format high resolution files that I got from HD Tracks.

I have a open ticket with them (Pono) as well.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:06 am »

I have the same problem. The computer says it is loaded in Pono Music on the Mac it says the files have been transferred and when looking at the Pono Player directory on the computer, says the files have been transferred, but the files are not on the Pono Player. Any idea on how to fix this?
Did you try powering the Pono device down and up again?

It's possible there is a firmware update needed.  They take some time to transfer (30 minutes?).

davedcawley

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

It took the normal amount of time to load the file onto the player. I have tried loading them over the last week, unplugging and rebooting the device multiple times during the week.

dokted

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

:-X

Any luck on this issue? It seems to be related to source file. I downloaded dsf album, then realized Pono wouldn't recognize. So I converted to 24 bit flac, still pono no see. Bought same album again in flac 192/96, pono recognizes it. Frustrating, as I've got 2 albums I'd rather not repurchase, not to mention how many other formats I've already got them in over the years.

AVpig

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 12:45:08 pm »

Same problem. Doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it. Some files load, some don't. Tried putting them directly onto the drive and that works sometimes. Does anybody have a solution? This is very frustrating.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »

If you didn't purchase the tracks from Pono, it's possible that the format isn't supported.  Multi-channel files, for example.

It would be good to ask Pono.

REShaman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 01:13:55 pm »

Same problem. Doesn't seem to be any particular reason for it. Some files load, some don't. Tried putting them directly onto the drive and that works sometimes. Does anybody have a solution? This is very frustrating.

This problem was reported a long, long, long time ago. We Pono Player owners were subsequently informed a firmware update was needed and this was supposedly addressed in subsequent updates. For example, certain AIFF files loaded in their entirety into the Players folders, don't display ALL those files. In one example, Barry Diament's, Winds Of Change, AIFF, 192/24, all 13 tracks load. Only 4 are displayed. Subsequent firmware updates have never cured this. There are other examples, but one is enough. I have given up asking for help from Pono Support. They don't do what they say they will. If that sounds unfair, then, please use the example I have supplied in support of my statement.

Best,
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up