INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [résolu] 2014 Playlist ! I need a new criteria  (Read 2616 times)

TCube

[résolu] 2014 Playlist ! I need a new criteria
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:51:26 am »

Hello,

Please help if you got time  :) I'm sorting out my 2014 playlist from the "Chill factor" it gave me !
Need to know in a Smartlist how too spell this :   - If "same band" Select "highest BPM" or "lowest BPM"
This would be in the column "Rules" --> "Custom"

There nothing under "smart list" in the Wiki and this is a bit ruff during Xmas time http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language

By the way I do regret a LOT not having tag my Music for so long with either "Lyrics" or Instrumental"  ?  late remedy ?

Thd Thks
TC

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 2014 Playlist ! I need a new criteria ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:25:35 am »

BPM alone is not a great "criteria" any way as it is often a multiple of 2 -- meaning an 80 BPM could very well be 160BPM. (seldom the other way around, but it happens .. I have a Mozart aria coming in at 179 BPM -- its 90 of course). So if you just want fast techno or trance you are going to miss a lot of the fastest songs or hit slow ones.  This is not just a problem or bug and depends on time signatures that are binary 2/4 and 4/4 -- 3/4 6/8 don't have the problem that much  as they are divisible by 3.

Think you will need regex for that if you really want this ... good luck ;) Don't think you want to get into that for something that will filter on BPM though, unless you have used pro DJ software and "tapped" the bpm and wrote it to the files externally.

Yop TCube  might want to ask in French here or post this in the main forum.

TCube

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

Awesome answer ! I Learned a lot  ;)

Thks
TC

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:37:23 am »

Awesome answer ! I Learned a lot  ;)

Thks
TC

lol I sense some healthy sarcasm  ;D
it'd take me an hour to figure out how to do it -- I'm just as lazy as you are  ;)
"you gotta pay your dues before you sing the blues"

TCube

[Résolu] Re: 2014 Playlist ! I need a new criteria
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:13 pm »

Let me re-phrase
" Compliments towards a clear explanation that let me face a bit of my ignorance aka "brilliant ideas and no hindsight"  ::)   "
TC

p.s : Yes you can quote me later or reproduce  :D

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:22:31 pm »

Instrumental"  Huh  late remedy
Tu peux voir mon poste d' il y a peu sur ce forum , je donnes un lien vers un script picard que j' ai fait ...
Peut-être un début .. (?)

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93374.0

TCube

Re: [résolu] 2014 Playlist ! I need a new criteria
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 04:34:14 am »

@fredele

Merci c'est lu [y compris les liens associés].
Bon j'ai déjà une première piste mais un script parait ardu pour moi. Je vais réfléchir sur la corrélation dans le tagging ID3v1 + V2 de TagScanner / de MC19 et celui de NMedium Play (WindowsPhone)  aka dans cette chaine et dans un même champ faire passer juste une valeur modifiable "on the fly" : Instrumental or Vocal.
Crldt
TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up