INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change CD-ROM drive letter  (Read 953 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Change CD-ROM drive letter
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »

Previously my CD-ROM drive was 'D'.  This weekend I used Windows (7) disk manager to change it to 'A'.  Everything seems to be working okay except that JRiver MC20 does not seem to recognize this .. it still shows 'D'.  I tried rebooting the PC and restarting MC20 but no change.  What do I need to do in MC20 to get it to use the new Drive letter for the CD-ROM?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Change CD-ROM drive letter
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »

Well I gotta ask...why would you change the drive letter to A of all the other choices?...I'm sure you know that historically drive A is used for a floppy wether you have one or not on windows based machines...I don't have a answer to your question but maybe if you just install MC right over the top of the installation you have may do the trick.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »

Good question, why do this.  Today's computers no longer have floppy drives on them, but when they did they were removable media drives.  So given that A and B was not being used it seemed a good idea to assign them as removable drives .. CD/DVD/Bluray.

Also, it meant now that my other drives are more contiguous in their letters.  C and D are for internal HDD's, E,F,G are 2 TB drives for DVD's, H,I,J are 4TB's for Bluray movies.  Just seemed the logical thing to do.

I will try a new install and see if it works.

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:39:09 am »

Seems to be okay now .. instead of an uninstall and install I did an online update (through the update channel) and then restarted the PC.  Everything working again.  Means you can now have the removable drives as A and B.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 02:13:51 am »

Ok thanks...glad everything worked out for you.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up