INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray and Iso playback problems  (Read 3046 times)

Primare Knob

• Recent member
Blu Ray and Iso playback problems
« on: December 15, 2014, 03:18:43 am »

Ok let me start with an easy yes or no question. Can JRiver MC19 internally playback encrypted Blu Ray discs? (with or without the help of external programs)

I can Google so I know about the Wiki page and other related articles, but I cannot get MC19 to playback Blu Ray files.
I have tried Any DVD, I am now trying Total Media Theater 6. I am able to rip the Blu Ray folder structure using JRiver without an error, and the rip gets imported into my Movie Library.

But I cannot get MC19 to playback the Disc or the folder. The tracks starts with displaying the cover art and the bitrate and movie length but after that nothing happens. I tried by direct clicking both the index.bmdv and MovieObject.bdmv files and the same thing happens, the tracks starts with displaying the cover art and the bitrate and movie length but after that nothing happens. Al Blu Ray related files are associated with MC19 inside Windows.

When I try playing back the disc I get this error: Please instal a Blu Ray reader ....... Popular choices etc etc (hr=0x800040005)

The problem I have with ISO rips are that MC19 want's to open the default associated program, which is no good. If I change that in Windows and associate MC19 with ISO files, MC19 get's caught up in what looks like an infinite loop in opening the file. The ISO files are being imported into my Library

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu Ray and Iso playback problems
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:44:01 am »

Ok let me start with an easy yes or no question. Can JRiver MC19 internally playback encrypted Blu Ray discs? (with or without the help of external programs)

I can Google so I know about the Wiki page and other related articles, but I cannot get MC19 to playback Blu Ray files.
I have tried Any DVD ...

Yes - MC will work with AnyDVD but for BluRay you'd need AnyDVD HD.

Out of the box, MC doesn't decrypt as set out on the Wiki, here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray

Regarding .iso files, did you check what the Wiki has to say?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ISO_Files

Give that a go and see where you get to.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Primare Knob

• Recent member
Re: Blu Ray and Iso playback problems
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 12:02:48 am »

I found out what the problem was with the Blu Ray. I am using a trial version of Any DVD HD and it doesn't auto start without some confirming that you are using a trial version. Blu Ray is working now but I thought that JRiver would build a Menu to replace the Java menu.

I have got the ISO working as well. I read over the part that you have to install a third party app for this. I thought it was an build in feature inside JRiver. The only problem that I am having at the moment is that it won't rip any DVD (BD?) if you select to remove any annoying and small clips in the Any DVD settings. Also the subtitle and audio title definition is very rough, English (United States) for all off them without the definition for 5.1, 2 channel, or audio commentary if you get my grip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up