INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with AudioGD drivers  (Read 2272 times)

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen
Problems with AudioGD drivers
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:57:26 am »

AudioGD is making great audio products, but since I've linked my Windows installation to it, my JRiver is bugged. For instance, I cannot quit the program, I've got to terminate it each and every time.
Anybody has some suggestions? I've tried their SPDif driver, ASIO driver... I've reinstalled JRiver many times. It is, btw, a fresh Windows 7 installation

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Problems with AudioGD drivers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »

I have been using Audio-gd NFB-28 DAC/Pre for about 14 months and I had some issues like that about a year ago.  Old symptoms:

1) I found MC19 erroneously pauses ever so often.  It sometimes seems like this is associated with system resource issues with other processes on my PC.  I have many Chrome internet tabs open and a few Excel models open as well.  Sometimes this seems to coincide with an Excel recalc, but this does not happen with all the time, but if it happens once, it seems to reoccur with subsequent recalcs.  Note that this does NOT happen with MC18, and MC18 has a much bigger sample size of these conditions.

2) After MC19 has an erroneous pause, MC19 will often produce a background "tick" sound every several seconds.

3) Sometimes when I stop an album that is playing, MC19 will crash.  I also had strange behavior with MC18, if I pause an album and then hit play, it starts playing in hyper speed.  But MC18 does not have problems when stopping an album and then play.

4) MC19 sometimes (but not always) pauses play for a fraction of second when switch a pane view while playing an album. 

5) MC19 frequently pauses when playing a DSD file (converted to 176K or 88K PCM), but MC18 does NOT pause.

In my case, MC18 was MUCH more reliable than MC19.  These issues seemed to get better in mid-2014, with later MC19 builds.  These problems went totally away, after going to a more powerful PC, HP Z400.

But 2-months ago, MC19 started sporadically stop playing for no apparent reason.  Sometime it will go for a day without this behavior, but then sometime it would happen within a few minutes.  When this happens MC's Play/Pause button would NOT change (remains showing play), but the timer display has stopped, e.g. 2:01 / 5:10.  Toggling the Play/Pause would not restart the music (the Play/Pause button will change its display state).  Pressing Stop and then Play will restart the music, but before the music plays a loud static pop sounds.  I have tried changing the output mode from ASIO to WASPI and KS, as well as using MC18 (KS), and these moves do NOT resolve the problems.  When I ran MC19 on another PC, Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, I did NOT seem to have these issues.

A few weeks ago I updated Audio-gd NFB-28's firmware and drivers, and that removed the "static pop", but I still have the stoppage problems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with AudioGD drivers
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »

Are you using any other audio software?

Any Windows modifications?
Pages: [1]   Go Up