INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Server Transplant  (Read 708 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
MC Server Transplant
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

Increasingly, I'm finding reasons why I want to move the server function of MC from one of our Win7 desktops (where it currently resides) to our Win7 laptop.

I tried a week ago: unchecking "MC as server" in Options on the desktop and then checking "MC as server" in options on the laptop (and dutifully capturing the newly-issued access code), but I could never get it to work correctly, even trying some adjustments. Sadly, I would reliably get the error when trying to connect to my NAS library. I went sprinting back to my former configuration, for fear of REALLY botching the job beyond repair.

Surely I'm such a noob that I haven't entered the appropriate search terms to get to the right thread. Might someone please point me?

Many thanks.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC Server Transplant
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:48:09 pm »

try starting with the server and just stop it from being the server do the same for other pc stoping it from being the client turn off both pc...not just a reboot...turn them off and then restart them up. using the pc you want to be the server first and then move on to the client...at this point you may need to restart again...not sure...good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up